electric in summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there a certain number of sockets you can have in a summerhouse or doesn't it matter i was led to believe less to be safer

Sponsored Links
Have as many as practical. I should think four double sockets should be enough one in each corner? Maybe a single behind a TV mounted on the wall if you're have one

thanks, was going for tv. electric fire, overhead lights and fridge i was going to get lights outside but i thought overload but if this is ok i can go with it i could always leave the outside off..

The lights won't make any difference; it will be the fire using several times more than all the rest combined.

Sponsored Links
thanks i keep that in mind.. do need heating though..

If the Summer house is well insulated the Heating may not be quite as expensive to run.

no not insulated yet ! but will be getting it done, and am not sure what calcs i need i know an electrician who is willing to do it i just wanted to make sure before he comes what sockets i can get..

Depends how big a cable you run from house to shed- that depends on the distance & what load you plan to put on the end of it.
Well worth going big on the supply cable, it looks expensive but the real money is in digging the trench. Don't forget to chuck a duct in for Ethernet etc :)

we already have outside socket put in by the pergola for lights etc electrictian said he can go from that i just said ok, am leaving him too it i just wanted to get the things in place before he arrives and know what i can and cant have, thanks for the info all good stuff to know

I doubt that's feasible, personally i think it should have it's own dedicated supply, is the outside socket on the ring final or fed from a radial?

How far are we talking though?

i have no idea at all now all i know is he said have you outside socket and we showed him and he said ok il go from there not knowing what he meant really... he is a qualified electrician he has done work before for me well he is retired now, i will find out more when he is coming to do it, it wont be for a few months yet..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back