electric shower/ fixed overhead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, i'm in the process of converting my garage into a playroom/shower room. I was hoping to install an electric shower( as i don't have a combi boiler. Is it possible to have a fixed overhead nozzle/rose with an electric shower or would the pressure be a problem? If so can i increase the pressure by the means of a pump or is this not possible direct off the mains. Any comments would be gratefully received.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
With gravity fed system, you are best off with a booster pump and a mixer shower.

An electric shower can never match a power shower/pump for pressure.

you can't pump direct off the mains if the pump pumps more than 12ltrs a minute, also you can't pump through an electric shower, If you have a gravity system then as said before buy a twin impeller shower pump, stuart turner or salamander, if just for the shower then 1.5 bar should be fine depending on the length of pipe runs, if long runs go to 2-3 bar

Sponsored Links
how can you speed up the flow of water through an electric shower when the water is heated in the body of the shower and speed of flow is regulated by the shower, if you pump through water would not get hot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back