Electric shower goes cool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Trition Aquatronic 3 shower 9.5kW which has been installed for around 6 months.

My problem is that after a period it goes cool for about 10 seconds and then returns to normal. The water flow rate remains the same so I'm sure its not caused by someone turning on a tap etc (or washer etc). It is set on heat setting 2.

It is as though the shower temporarily turns to heat position 1 and then returns back to full power.

I suspect that there is some sort of fault with the heating unit. I have checked the connections and all are good. The wires to the switch are also sound.

Has anyone else experienced this problem.

thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
No. I have another shower in the main bathroom and that is fine

As an aside - two electric showers?

Anything to prevent them both being used at the same time?

Sponsored Links
Other than the reason that 2 electric showers running at the same time could overload the supply fuse. And if you have an electric cooker, and someone is cooking breakfast while 2 people shower, you're definitely into dodgy territory.

It's generally a bad idea to have 2 electric showers.

Have a look here....
https://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/electric-showers/aquatronic-3-ultra-electric-shower.html
...at the instructions for the main unit and the shower head, where you'll find info on cleaning the water inlet filter and the shower head from what may seem like an alarming amount of limescale deposits. I suffer from exactly the same issues on my Triton. Oh, and if it's above a bath, don't forget to plug the hole as you'll invariably drop a screw into it

Last edited:
Checked the filter.....clean....made no difference.

As said in the first post........the flow of water does NOT change. My thoughts is that the heater can is faulty? Anyone had the problem with any other heater can?

Or maybe the thermal cut out operating?

Last edited:
I can't answer your recent questions but on previous thermostatic shower I had to clean a filter inside yhe unit every couple of months On my newer non-thermostatic Triton, the damn shower head is the culprit; they even give you a special tool to take it apart to clean! Ignore any "rub clean nozzle" claims.... One last suggestion, remove shower head and turn it on and see how the water temp behaves. If its steady, surly must be shower head?

Electric shower goes cool
514J-v8HO5L.jpg

:?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back