Electric shower

O

oompah

If I install a electric shower in a downstairs cloakroom can i take the power supply from the ring with a fused spur or do I need to wire it completely seperate. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Its probably easier to run it separate if the consumer unit is there in the cloakroom

PS don't forget the the label warning of 2 different wire colours :D

No the consumer unit is away from the cloakroom about 7 yards. :LOL:

oh good gods..

a shower takes more power than a ring can supply..

you will need to run 10mm² cable back to the CU and install a suitable MCB and RCD ( or RCBO which combines both into one. )

this is notifiable work as a shower makes it a bathroom and is covered by Part P of the building regulations..

you need to tell your local authority building control IN ADVANCE of starting the work..

might just be easier and cheaper in the long run to get a qualified and part P registered electrician in..

also, lazygit, if it's a cloakroom then the CU had better not be in there because it sure as hell would be in the zones..

Sponsored Links
ColJack said:
oh good gods..

a shower takes more power than a ring can supply..

you will need to run 10mm² cable back to the CU and install a suitable MCB and RCD ( or RCBO which combines both into one. )

this is notifiable work as a shower makes it a bathroom and is covered by Part P of the building regulations..

you need to tell your local authority building control IN ADVANCE of starting the work..

might just be easier and cheaper in the long run to get a qualified and part P registered electrician in..

also, lazygit, if it's a cloakroom then the CU had better not be in there because it sure as hell would be in the zones..
Thankyou I didn`t think it would be that easy.

lazygit said:
Its probably easier to run it separate if the consumer unit is there in the cloakroom
Tip: when you don't have the slightest, foggiest, slimmest, tiniest, faintest, most tenuous grasp of the subject you're advising on, then it's time to shut up.

should'nt it be confirmed first that its a electric shower rather then a power shower :rolleyes:

electric shower stated, not shower pump etc, so the advice given was based on that..

ColJack said:
electric shower stated, not shower pump etc, so the advice given was based on that..
definitely a electric shower, to far from hot water tank .

Softus said:
lazygit said:
Tip: when you don't have the slightest, foggiest, slimmest, tiniest, faintest, most tenuous grasp of the subject you're advising on, then it's time to shut up.
So what do you think is the best idea?

Softus said:
lazygit said:

oompah said:
WTF?

ColJack has already told you everything you need to know and do - why are you still asking? :!:

Softus said:
oompah said:
WTF?

ColJack has already told you everything you need to know and do - why are you still asking? :!:
How do you know its everthing i need to know?

Softus said:

Dude, I was taking the p155 because the I found the spur issue funny. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back