Electric Socket near kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - apologies, I've found the answer to this post here so please ignore the below:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16328

~~~~~
Hi,

We recently had some work done on our kitchen and the end result is that the kitchen sink is now directly above a double socket that is used for the washing machine and the dishwasher. The sink is obviously fitted into a worktop and is fully sealed to ensure it doesn't leak or drip under the worktop.

The pipework for the taps is now very close to the socket too (copper pipes properly sealed with a blow torch) and I'm just wondering if this is technically OK from a regulatory perspective?

There isn't an alternative to be honest so nothing much I can do about it but I just wondered where we stand? Can anyone recommend a waterproof covering for the socket perhaps as a counter measure? Just a thought.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back