Electric under floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been toying with getting central heating and talking to my electrianian today descovered electric under floor heating how cool

lets have a goog talk about this.

is it cheaper to run than gas.

is it warm

can it go under capets

where can i get it

is it as valuable as gas to rad heating when selling a house.

i know each room can be conrtolled on its own with its own thermostat.

look forward to replys

seanie

Sponsored Links
more expensive to run than gas and is slow to respond when you turn it on

not a selling point (any buyer will budget for installing CH)

not usually powerful enough on its own but handy for background heating

more suitable for a tiled concrete floor

feels very comfortable in a bathroom under tiles.

see that the opposite i have heard i have been told its very reponsive and its cheaper to run oh i dont know does anyone have it what do you think.

mylittlehouse said:
see that the opposite i have heard i have been told its very reponsive and its cheaper to run oh i dont know does anyone have it what do you think.

sounds like sales talk telling you true facts that are half truths or irrelivent in the situation :LOL:

it may be cheaper to run but you must compair like for like it would be cheaper to run than your central heating but it cant heat the house up
as in for the same money youll only get 25% to 33% the heat from electric over gas

the electric elements will heat up quicker than the water in your radiators
but because they are burried will take far longer to get any real heat to the surface and then as john d says only back ground heating

Sponsored Links
if you rip out all your floors and install thermally efficient solid floors (concrete and polystyrene) and insulate the walls, then WET UFH (pumped water) IS more efficient than gas radiator central heating.

Never will electric heaters be cheaper than gas, in any way, shape or form (except heat pumps :LOL: )

mylittlehouse said:

Not true, did the salesman tell you this?

They are good in kitchens and bathrooms, but not better than CH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back