Electric Underfloor heating in Conservatory.

well it is but independent of the rest of the house heating system as would a wall mounted one.
Fitted is fitted, adding a heater to a wall is defendable but setting it under the floor tiles... sharp intake of breath.

Chances are you may never need to worry about it being inspected.

Sponsored Links
I read a story a few weeks ago about how the emissions benefits of all the current electric vehicles are outweighed by the surge in sales of SUVs by a factor of about 8.

I bet that there’s a similar issue with more efficient boilers etc. being outweighed by people putting heating outside on patios and in conservatories.

10mm of insulation is nothing.

Last edited:
well judging by the feedback on here a wall one is the way to go and buy a pair of slippers to keep my feet warm.....

Sponsored Links
Doesn't matter how you do it - heating a conservatory is a massive waste of time and money.

So am I being told here that the ultaframe roof with all the insulation and the latest spec widows is all a waste of time and it's never going to get warm?.

So am I being told here that the ultaframe roof with all the insulation and the latest spec widows is all a waste of time and it's never going to get warm?.
That is perhaps debatable - but, as has been said, if it is very well insulated and has 'fitted heating' (such that it does get warm), then I think that probably has major planning implications.

Kind Regards, John

It will certainly be better than it was but a vast acreage of glass is never as warm as as walls.

I assume the installation company worked with BC when the work was done.

Not been done yet will be replacing a 14 year old conservatory with thin polycarbonate roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back