Electric Wall Hung Fire with more than 2KW heat output

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy an electric wall hung fire.

The problem I have is that it will be the main (only) source of heat in the room and most don't seem to generate much heat

I have calculated the area in the room and i need a fire with 3KW of heat to be able to heat the room.

Most fires i have seen only go up to 2KW. Does anyone know of any that have 3KW or more?

Sponsored Links
Sorry! We've had a problem with the link you've just selected.

:LOL: :eek:

Cake and eat it, I doubt you will find a 'sexy' 3kw heater.

You need to think about overload on the circuit if you do find a 13 amp / 3kw unit.

check the circuit you intend to use- is it a 30amp fuse at the board ?

So if you fit a panel you know that 13 amps of the circuit capacity will be used. Does the circuit have any other high load items on it ?

Hair drier, hair tongs, iron, kettle etc

You need to imagine a situation where all appliances on circuit are in use, would that be over the watt / kW designed load of the circuit ?

30 amp x 230v = 10,000 w / 10kW approx

Sponsored Links
If you want a sexy 2kW fire, you could add a cheap panel heater to the other side of the room (or under the window to reduce draughts). Alternatively, a small storage heater. It depends on how many hours a day you want heat.

I spent a couple of winters with a 3kW wall heater - 2x1kW bars + 1kW convector. Hugely expensive!

I am looking to buy an electric wall hung fire.

The problem I have is that it will be the main (only) source of heat in the room and most don't seem to generate much heat

I have calculated the area in the room and i need a fire with 3KW of heat to be able to heat the room.

Most fires i have seen only go up to 2KW. Does anyone know of any that have 3KW or more?

Buy a 2kw electric fire and a 3kw oil radiator then. Sit the oil rad in a corner. They are silent and powerful, nobody will know its there.

Though, as expensive heating goes, you've picked the worst type - electric resistive heating is very expensive to run at standard rates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back