Electrical Assistance Required

You will need to be able to turn the fan off, so that it stays off when the lights are on, in order to clean it, surely?

Sponsored Links
Can only see that the lighting one being the only solution here, there is a model with a pull cord though but thats just asking never to be turned on and I assume that it needs to work? Only going to be me in there
If you had a pull-cord fan, connected to the lights, then you could leave its pull-switch turned on more-or-less always', so that it always came on with the lights, but could use the pull cord to switch off if/when you ever wanted to whilst the lights were on.

Kind Regards, John

You will need to be able to turn the fan off, so that it stays off when the lights are on, in order to clean it, surely?
From the very start the OP has expressed his intention to have an 'isolator' for the fan, even if/when fed from the lights.,

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
From the very start the OP has expressed his intention to have an 'isolator' for the fan, even if/when fed from the lights.,

Kind Regards, John

An isolator would not have to be mounted in a convenient location for regular use, instead the isolator simply needs to be mounted where it is handy for normal operation as well as isolation to work on the fan

An isolator would not have to be mounted in a convenient location for regular use, instead the isolator simply needs to be mounted where it is handy for normal operation as well as isolation to work on the fan
Quite so. I think that has been pointed out a number of times (a few by myself!). As I've said, if he wants to keep the wiring all 'above ceiling', then the most obvious thing would be to have a ceiling-mounted DP pull switch (like a 'shower' one).

Kind Regards, John

IMO the isolator can be neater at the top of the wall, hard against the ceiling and in view from the fan. Very likely it will be about 2400mm above the floor; or at least 2250mm, which is convenient.

IMO the isolator can be neater at the top of the wall, hard against the ceiling and in view from the fan.
It's essentially a matter of personal choice.
Very likely it will be about 2400mm above the floor; or at least 2250mm, which is convenient.
Maybe "convenient", but "at least 2250mm" is, of course, totally irrelevant in an office (or, come to that, even a kitchen, which the room previously was) :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back