Electrical Certificate for Conservatory

Sponsored Links
I still don't fully understand. So will I need an electrical certificate or not???
If you have one, then fine.
If not, then the buyers solicitor will have to do without one. Just like in 99% of other house purchases. It's a total non-issue and not worth spending any more time or money .

Sponsored Links
I still don't fully understand. So will I need an electrical certificate or not???
If you have one, then fine. If not, then the buyers solicitor will have to do without one. Just like in 99% of other house purchases. It's a total non-issue and not worth spending any more time or money .
I agree totally. I've seen countless houses sold for which paperwork for electrical work was "not available" (quite possibly never existed) and/or for which notifiable work had not been notified. Buyers may try to use that as an excuse for trying to knock the price down, but I think that should be resisted - pointing out that the asking price was based on knowledge of what paperwork etc. was, and was not, available. The crucial thing is not to lie during the conveyancing process - which can theoretically get one into deep (and potentially expensive) trouble!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back