Electrical Jointing Paste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen this 'jointing paste' used on a few installations for improving mechanical connections such as when crimped / soldered lugs are bolted to the copper / brass bars in a busbar chamber etc. the paste is used between the lug and busbar. Does anyone know the proper name for this stuff, and where it is avaliable from?

Sponsored Links
RF,

We use a conducting paste to inhibit oxidisation and maintain a good connection. Pirelli do it, its basically a graphite paste and not cancerous like denzo which we also use however. The paste is used massively on Lightning Protection and telecom earthing on all connections copper to copper and copper to steel.

Assume thats what you are referring to. You should be able to pick it up from most wholesalers, if not specifically electrical it should be in the LP stock.

That sounds like the stuff. I will look out for it. Thanks for that.

Sponsored Links
Is that the same stuff they use on all the bare metal parts under the bonnet of my car when i have it serviced? I remember they put it on the battery terminals and the bonnet latch, and other places, cant remember now. Think someone called it copper grease. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back