Electrical safety

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Just another promotional film with lots of nice words in it. Many colleges do it. It isn't necessarily real life but that won't stop them.
Now I've not attended the 'using a circular saw course' but the guy afterwards, slicing the T&E, is more likely to need his spare finger set.

It reminds me of some great stock photos for 'soldering'; these are quite funny :)
using-soldering-iron-MPDG2E.jpg stock-image-fail-soldering-iron-bob-byron-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
If one is not careful you will get your finger burnt. I decided I needed a different last employer, it was clear the last one was giving me a bad reference, so I did a government retraining course to become a heavy plant fitter, I did not change trades, and stayed as an electrician.

However it did point out the problems in moving to an ailed trade. Be it how to strip cable or solder a circuit board, there are clearly dangers, I was interested to find out how clockwork starter motors worked, but the course would not allow it due to the dangers involved.

Every trade has some dangerous items, be it a spring brake, clockwork starter motor, or soldering, the latter I remember at University and getting the COSHH sheet for the flux, never mind lead, it is the flux you need to look out for, clearly needs extractors running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back