Electrical supplier

Im a big fan of GET Exclusive, which is also sold under the newlec banner by newey and eyre and acel by electric centre.

Sponsored Links
They are the best switches on the market despite their looks though.

As for MK ceiling light switches, ditch the back box, use a round dry liner and hey presto, the best looking switch available. ;)

Round dry liner boxes you say..... Mmmmm, i've got a couple of the mk's to fit later in the week, think i will have to give that idea a go!

Sponsored Links
I just wish you could get square ceiling light switches.

We moved away from "any shape you like as long as it's round" for wall switches several decades ago - why are we still stuck in the past with ceiling ones?

I've seen these from TLC

GU3020.JPG

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/Ultimate_Index/U_All/index.html

@ £1.87 a unit inc VAT they are very tempting on price as an economy eequivelentto the MK

COXen[/url]

quality mate

I'm guessing that TLC range then is no good?

Got to buy about 35 of them

J

quality mate

J

Actually, I've fitted quite a few of the GET Ultimate range you link to, and much prefer them to MK. Personally, I don't feel that the quality of MK accessories is high enough any more to command the price tag that comes attached.

quality mate
J
If you are fitting them for a customer then they determine the price and perhaps the quality.
If you are fitting them yourself then you decide.
Aesthetics and quality do not necessarilly go hand in hand.
Remember most sockets are fitted once and forgot only the front is visible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back