Electrician and regulations

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As I said, they (the installer) can opt for postal delivery, email delivery or download it themselves and supply with the Invoice and EIC - which is what I do

if the installer opts to use their own email address for the email delivery, you can download it as a customer would and then they have the option ,if they want, to answer questions about the installer - so you rate your own work and communications with the customer

Last edited:
do you charge for this additional email? say £35 or so.

£35 per certificate seems to be popular - £35 for the notification and £35 for the EIC perhaps

I put a line on my estimate for £10 showing that they will be supplied with the EIC and Part P compliance.

never charged to resend a document and the way i organise my documents it takes less than 1 minute to locate them . I see this as good customer service

As I said, they (the installer) can opt for postal delivery, email delivery or download it themselves and supply with the Invoice and EIC - which is what I do
Ok. That is different than when I used to do it when the registration body posted it to the customer (without opting for post) but the point is the installer does not issue the compliance certificate. Do you still have (was it?) thirty days to submit the job details?

The installer receiving it by email or downloading it and then giving it to the customer does not strike me as a satisfactory method and is surely open to misuse and abuse.

If I were a customer (and knew how it worked) I would certainly want to receive it direct from the registration body.

if the installer opts to use their own email address for the email delivery, you can download it as a customer would and then they have the option ,if they want, to answer questions about the installer - so you rate your own work and communications with the customer
As I said.

Yes 30 days to notify, but Napit insist on 21 days IIRC - not sure why.

I like to send everything together - then I know its all done and dusted.

These are the questions the customer can answer!

Napit 1.PNG

Napit 2.PNG

I'm not sure Napit should be asking all these questions - some of these are between the customer and installer -

And up until recently the installer was asked when notifying if the site would be OK to be used for the surveillance visit - how could the installer make this decision - most odd

Yes the original law was 28 days so the installer needed to notify the scheme to allow them then a further 7 days in oder to make the 28 days deadline if I remember correctly.
It used to be the installer gives the customer the EIC and also notifies the scheme then the scheme notifies LABC whilst also confirming to the customer.
I agree, NAPIT should not be asking all those questions.

When stating "Regulation 12" then regulation 12 of what exactly?

I put a line on my estimate for £10 showing that they will be supplied with the EIC and Part P compliance.

never charged to resend a document and the way i organise my documents it takes less than 1 minute to locate them . I see this as good customer service
I don`t think you actually need to show that £10 unless you actually want to but none-the-less you should indeed supply the EIC and take care of notification if you are a scheme member

I don`t think you actually need to show that £10 unless you actually want to but none-the-less you should indeed supply the EIC and take care of notification if you are a scheme member

By showing the £10 I can see how many jobs I've notified and the value.

Given CPS charges have risen so much I suspect it should be at least £20

Also I have been asked by the odd customer what this is for and when I explain I politely suggest they check with other people who are quoting.

BUT it seems to be the norm now for notification to be done but no EIC supplied ..........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back