Electricians forum

Sponsored Links
There was a similar topic posted within the last couple of days (parts were deleted at the original posters request) where a member stated there was already a topic on the subject and suggested that posts were made in there (here).

So a qualified spark who joined would not be able to access it due to low post count. Doesn't sound right to me.

I've voted no to this. There is little point having a new forum, restricted to professionals, on a site offering advice to DIYers.

If you want a discussion about a topic, which you think may go over the heads of the DIY crowd, either post it here (they can choose to ignore it) or post it on the IET site. If you want to discuss something relevant to a professional electrician, you may as well do so with the guys responsible for the regs.

Also, what criteria do you want to apply to the members of your forum.
ATT ask for proof you are trading for their professional forum.

Sponsored Links
There are very few times when one says something which could be dangerous if done by someone without training.

Methods of drying out a cooker which is tripping the RCD would maybe one example.

Unless there was a way to ensure no non trained people were viewing the forum then one still could not suggest anything which could present danger.

Post count would not work it would have to be people holding C&G2382 or something on those lines.

Can't see anyway to ensure non trained could not read dangerous practices so I think it is better to leave it as it is and not talk about anything which could present a danger.

After all even if it does work we all know we should not do it so to give written instructions would be daft even if only electricians could read it.

Not even convinced that the existing split between UK and Non UK plus Appliances is a good idea. I only read Electrics UK in main so even if I could help with other two I would not as not read so if anything I would say better is we reduced the number of sections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back