Electricians job expenses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hm revenue have agreed that £120 is the amount you are likely to have to pay out for doing this job.
Surely we should get more this year to cover all the 17th books and courses, etc

Sponsored Links
That does seem an especially low figure.

It would barely cover two pairs of snickers, not to mention all the rest of you clothing and safety boots etc.

Then there is regs, OSG, guidance notes etc

oh and tools, testers, calibrations etc

As I am employed by a company , that is what is on the P2 coding notice for my tax code.

Being employed can I still claim for receipts then.

Sponsored Links
That £120 is the old unions rate. Eons ago the Unions agreed an expense figure for various trades working under PAYE and over the years it has been the same with a little bit added for inflation every now and then.

As a PAYE / employee your firm should weigh out for pretty well much everything:-

Tools
Work wear
Test equipment
Travel

etc

If you have essential costs then you need to discuss this with the IR people before you make the purchases and see if they will agree to allow these as tax deductible items.

The IR is unlikely to agree to much since it is your employers duty to supply you with the necessary items for the work you do on behalf of them.

From what I remember the PAYE expense is meant to cover nothing much more than Union membership and trade mag subscriptions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back