electricity supply main fuse?

Pointless checking - If you have had no problems, leave alone.

It will no doubt be an 80amp on a modern property(1970 onwards....ish).

What DNO is yours??

Sponsored Links
If it says 100A to BS1361 IIb, then it probably is 100A to the best of my knowledge. The smaller rating fuses are physically smaller in my experience.

I am an electrical tester and i have seen 63A 80A and 100A in the holders. The 100A on the side is a maximum for the holder and not always an indication of the fuse rating

Not so - the service head will allways show BS1361, type II, 100A. They can have a 60, 80, 100 or occasionally lower.

Western Power fit 80amp as standard. This is due to the huge amount of 16mm tails still out in service.

The fuse rating doesn't reflect your maximum demand either - the maximum demand for most domestics installs is taken by the DNO as 15kW max. Above this, they will fit a larger cutout, with a 100amp or more fuse.

Sponsored Links
NuttallsSpark said:
I am an electrical tester and i have seen 63A 80A and 100A in the holders. The 100A on the side is a maximum for the holder and not always an indication of the fuse rating

Testing what :LOL: Shouldn't be in the DNO's carrier :cool:

Ah - calm down - Im one of the worst snippers :rolleyes: :LOL:

Who dun that? Dunno?

I've hacksawed padlocks from DNO 800amp incomers in the past :evil: Got warned for that though :eek: Bastards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back