Electrics allowed in a bathroom cupboard.

He doesn't want taps.
I've never been keen on faucets in any event. They make cleaning difficult and generally get in the way IMO. The proposed arrangement will extend the benefits of the regulated output of the shower to the bath and handheld which is great if you have curious kids.
Although why curious kids wouldn't be even more inclined to play with touch sensitive switches than with conventional levers I'm not sure.
You're probably right but at least them playing with it won't produce scalding hot water.

Sponsored Links
I must have missed it.

And seeing as the remote controller seems to control the mixer ( assumed to include thermostatic control of the water flow ) why would you need to control solenoids with a switch. Or is it that you are concerned that a wireless "malfunction" may turn on the shower and these solenoids will prevent waste of water if that "malfunction" should happen. Good idea. except a wireless "malfunction" may affect one of the solenoids while the shower is in use.

IIAC; The solenoids are to control and divert the flow of water between the fixed shower head, hand held shower, and the overflow filler. The regulation of temperature and main on/off function would be done from a of the shelf wireless shower mixer.

joewa would it be possible if you used something like a Mira Platinum Dual Valve/Controller and then just used a normal mechanical diverter valve to control the flow of water between the fixed shower head and the hand held one. The Mira Platinum Dual Valve/Controller would feed the overflow filler and the diverter valve; the diverter valve would then feed to both the fixed shower and the hand held one as mentioned above. A pumped version of the Mira Platinum Dual Valve/Controller is also available.

Thanks, yes saw this but it doesn't give me three outputs and £400+ is a pricey solution.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back