Electrocuted by a screw.

Sponsored Links
Very good BAS. :)
Lethal injection doesn't appear to be the humane method that it was hoped to be. This is just one example.

Taken from that link:

The most commonly used drugs for execution by lethal injection are sodium pentothal (as a sedative), pancurium bromide (stops respiration), and potassium chloride (stops the heart).

Anyone here who uses "low sodium salt" due to weight problems or diabetes, check out the ingredients. Just what one needs when morbidly obese, a chemical that stop your already overstrained heart!!!

Makes me wonder though, surely there are chemicals that would act on the brain? This would be far more "humane" than what is effectively a heart attack.

Personally, I don't approve of capital punishment.

Sponsored Links
murray, did you read the bit in the middle.
Standards of medical care
During one of the executions, the licensed practical nurse was unable insert the IV catheter after thirty-nine minutes of sticking the condemned inmate in his hand, arm, groin, leg, and foot.22 The physician attending the execution and assisting the licensed practical nurse testified that he had not read the execution protocols,23 however, he performed a surgical “cut down” and started an infraclavicular subclavian catheter (central line) during that particular execution,24 a procedure that has a six percent complication rate nationally.25 Testimony was given at the hearing that, except for emergency situations, this procedure (for starting a central line and injecting drugs) would normally be performed in a therapeutic setting where the known risks were mitigated by ready access to: (1) sophisticated medical equipment and devices;26 (2) trained and experienced staff; and (3) drugs to treat these complications.27 This equipment, staff, and drugs were not available in the execution chamber and thus the doctor’s use of the central line catheterization did not meet acceptable standards of medical care.28
So if I read it right, the doctor was out of order giving a "central line" as it could lead to complications. Like, er, the patient could have been scared for life :rolleyes: :?: :rolleyes:. How irresponsible!

There is certainly room for improvement. However, the 'patient' may get some comfort from knowing that he will be able to sue the state for medical mispractice.

ban-all-sheds said:
It just shows what a disgustingly barbaric and uncivilised nation the USA is.

I wonder how many are not that way in one form or another ? It must be an awesome task to be burdened as the mightiest nation on the planet, would any nation be up to handling the power ?

P

I think the intention was to provide a more humane method than the electric chair but it doesn't appear to have turned out that way. The 'chair' is no good, the gas chamber is no good and now the lethal injection is no good. It looks like they may be running out of ideas?

Doesn't a gunshot to the back of the head, followed by one to the heart do the trick, or just a single shot of Potassioum cyanide. What about a guilotine, cleaverly disgused in the cell of the convicted prisoner. They could wait till he is asleep, and wham, he wouldn't know anything about it.

I can't see why they have to come up with such complicated solutions to a simple problem. Dropping a 20 ton weight from a height of 100 metres onto the criminal would be another fairly quick way.

Trouble is they've been asking the wrong people. I bet Warner Brothers or Hanna Barbara would be able to think of something. Just pick any episode of Tom and Jerry and you'd find something suitable.

You have a terrific imagination Tex but some of those are a bit messy and someone would have to clean it up.
Give it a bit longer and the do-gooders from the UK may get over there and all the baddies will be let off with a few hours community service.
Your idea about the guillotine in the cell is similar to the original use of gas. It was first used by trying to fill the prisoner's cell with it but the leaks were too great and they had to design a purpose built chamber.

Pip, what's an ES between friends? Hold my hands up, it was a typo, I was at it furiously. And I was typing fast, too, fnarr, fnarr!

Just read the whole of that article. Wow.

Like the quack said, it seems a sick joke to give a very short-acting sedative, then follow it with a long-acting paralysis-inducer. Imagine waking up.......

ever see the film "the running man" ..............don't loose your head

Another great Arnie action film with lots of imaginative killing scenes. I think he used his 'I'll be back' line in that as well as the Terminator films.

Tex Mex , Kvorkian aside, you wouldn't normally get a medical practitioner administering drugs at an execution. Classically the Hippocratic oath forbids it exclusively. So he would have a hard time arguing as to why he was there to the regulators in the US.
I wonder what would happen if as a complication of inserting the central line the prisoner's heart stopped - would they attempt to restart it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back