ELECTROLUX BUILT IN DISHWASHER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have got the electrolux dishwasher that has started to play up. Its about 5 years old and used daily.

When i put it on a cycle to wash the water will drain ok but i get no water spraying from the rotating arms at all.

I have checked the feed and thats ok, i took the left hand side off the machine and you can see the water go in and into a sort of flat maze thing that sits on the side of the machine and is very thin, it passes thro that ok and then goes down thro the salt chamber which again seems ok but it then passes thro what looks like a container of thick brown gunge !! when passing thro this it seems to be restricted. should this gunge stuff be in there ? the dial clicks thro its cycles ok but just don't get any water from the rotating arms.

anybody got any clues ?

thanks
neil

Sponsored Links
The spray arms may well be blocked up and stopping them from functioning correctly. This will also prevent them from spinning around during the cycles.
So remove them and give them a clean under the tap, it's usually a case of undoing a plastic nut for removal.
Not sure what the gunged filled container is, but it sounds like it needs a clean too.
What model is it?
Do you have the manual?
If not try this link
http://www.usersmanualguide.com/electrolux/dishwasher

thanks for the reply.

model number is Product Number Code:911841111 ESL6114.

will try the arms but would have thought it strange for both arms to be blocked at the same time.

i think the red/brown stuff is all to do with the water softening system (i think)

thanks
neil

If the brown 'stuff' is like small crystals in the matrix then yes they should be there.

The motor start capacitor on the circulation pump may have failed or the pump impeller could be blocked.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

Where roughly can these parts be located.

thanks
neil

thanks for the help, it turned out to be the motor start capacitor.

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back