Emergency cleaning company needed - South London

Any self respecting decorator will seal up the doors if he's about to do a load of sanding and allow for it in his quote.

You keep digging Boss! :mrgreen:

Not really, we have only been told one side of the story, the customers.

Was the decorator supposed to sand off the doors and frames, if so how could he manage it with the doors being sealed off, the story appears to have changed on several accounts, (Doors do not fit etc) and sounds rather exaggerated

I have been in this business long enough to realise that not all customers are on the level, and the trend of TV "Bodge it Builder" programmes can make accusations against the workman very "one sided"

If I am working in a ground floor room, there is no reason for me to go in Bedrooms/rooms on the upper floors without permission, this opens up all sorts of allegations.
Don't know why you would have a problem going upstairs, common sense to tell customer you need to ensure all doors and windows in the house are closed to avoid drawing unwanted dust all over the house.

Trouble with common sense is it's not very common.

Sponsored Links
Decorator arrives at site, client wants doors sanding, decorator takes care to ensure the house is not left in a compete state. Brain surgery it ain’t.

Any self respecting decorator will seal up the doors if he's about to do a load of sanding and allow for it in his quote.

You keep digging Boss! :mrgreen:

Not really, we have only been told one side of the story, the customers.

Was the decorator supposed to sand off the doors and frames, if so how could he manage it with the doors being sealed off, the story appears to have changed on several accounts, (Doors do not fit etc) and sounds rather exaggerated

I have been in this business long enough to realise that not all customers are on the level, and the trend of TV "Bodge it Builder" programmes can make accusations against the workman very "one sided"

If I am working in a ground floor room, there is no reason for me to go in Bedrooms/rooms on the upper floors without permission, this opens up all sorts of allegations.
Don't know why you would have a problem going upstairs, common sense to tell customer you need to ensure all doors and windows in the house are closed to avoid drawing unwanted dust all over the house.

Trouble with common sense is it's not very common.

Why would you have to go upstairs to check if the windows were closed, one could see that from the outside of the property .

What customer employs a tradesman, who they do not know (and therefore are yet to trust) and then leaves them in their house alone to carry out work. Asking for trouble!

Andy

Sponsored Links
That's not what happened Andy. The first 4 days he was on-site, 2 days actual work as he kept making excuses and leaving the job, my wife was at home. This was before the heavy sanding started. So was stripping wall paper and filling the walls and 2pac-ing the doors.

His standard of work we never had and still don't have an issue with. Just the mental way he didn't warn us or try to protect our home from the thick dust. And of course after it happened his complete lack of empathy.

Also the way he stormed off the job it was like he wanted an excuse to leave. As if he under priced it or lost interest just wanted to take the initial money and run.

You did not have an issue with him over the cleanliness after the wallpaper stripping ( this can be a mucky job, with scraps of sticky wet wallpaper walked over floorings,even with dust sheets laid down)

You say he didnt warn you of airbourne dust in the property, but earlier on in your post you said your wife and child went to stay with relatives prior to the sanding down, so you must have been aware there would be a problem.

I am still not convinced about this story, there is the decorators side to it.

Trouble with common sense is it's not very common.[/quote]

Why would you have to go upstairs to check if the windows were closed, one could see that from the outside of the property .[/quote]

You must have good eyesight, to see through walls, around the corners and rear and 4 floors up. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back