emergency lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, on an emergency lighting circuit, is it possible for me to run a spare from the existing circuit,(or light) or do i have to find the last light on the circuit to continue the circuit on?

Sponsored Links
A lighting circuit is a radial circuit, and therfore you are not "spurring" from it. You are taking another branch from a radial circuit.

Would I be right in assuming this work is to be carried out somewhere other than your own home?

Sponsored Links
Wondered what a "spare" was just for a moment!

Now, if it were Our Cilla speaking, then a "spur" would be a "spare", but had difficulty working it the other way round!

No offence! :LOL:

What sort of emergency lighting circuit are you talking about? I take it that it is in a commercial or industrial environment?

generally self contained emergency lighting units should be on the same cuircuit as the local ordinary lighting NOT a seperate cuircuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back