Endoscope down blocked toilet

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I actually have already tried that. I couldn't manage to get the thing to go very far, and then I was worried about how much pressure I was using trying to force it through. I was worried I would cause more problems by breaking/cracking something. So I stopped. Maybe someone who had used it before would have a better feel for pushing it through.

I do have one of these, which seems a bit softer (?), so I'll try this next time.
https://www.manomano.co.uk/waste-pi...pe-cleaner-6mm-x-18m-3862831?model_id=3862831.

This toilet is in North Herts, so I may be in touch if it carries on.

The trick is to push the handle down while turning, keep turning and it will go down. Don't use it on a flexible pan connector.

Andy

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
r_c,thanks for posting more information and photos.

now we can see the drain arrangement behind the wc. hopefully the remainder of the wc system is correct who knows. Tbh the wc pan connector shown incorporates a 32mm vent take off connector.
Originally these connectors were developed for simple venting of wc stacks when they needed it,Anyone using the 32mm spigot as something other than a vent connector needs to be able to explain why.

That original fitting was designed to be fitted vertically,vent air rises vertically away and wc contents exit directly downwards,any wc drainage that clogs around the 32mm take off will just fall off and eventually drop into the falling drainage pipe.

The fitting can work horizontally but extra maintenance has to be considered, the remainder of the soil/foul drain is also important.

got to love diy drainage :D

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
Sponsored Links
Thank you @Hot&Cold (and others) for that information. Sadly it was not DIY :( Ongoing maintenance required ...

A very late response, but thought I'd update this question in case anyone else struggles with a frequently blocked toilet. I finally got a local drainage company in and they put a camera up the waste pipe. The picture below is inside the waste pipe, looking towards a T-junction where the toilet and sink wastes combine. I do not know what all the bits are called, but the waste from the toilet flows in from the right, through a pipe with lots of ridges on it. Unfortunately this pipe was too long, and was jutting out into the T-junction. The result of this was that waste did not have a clear 100mm diameter circle to travel out through, and waste would frequently would get caught. Had a very kind plumber come out and replace all this with like for like, BUT he sawed off a few inches from that toilet waste pipe bit so that it no longer protrudes into the waste pipe.

It's only been a few days, but so far no blockages ....

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back