Energy Saving 3LED GU10 bulbs?

Very good.

Genura lamps are also good, but they have recently changed the design to reduce the spread of the beam because this is apparently more environmentally friendly. i.e. they can get a higher lux/watt figure by making the beam tighter, and thus comply with some clearly stupidly counter-productive legislation. I've not tried the new style.

Also there are these: http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/products.aspx?g=19&t=98&r=608 but they are a tad pricey.

Sponsored Links
The half way house would be to deploy LED's to wasted light areas. If you have an array of 12 GU10's in a main recpt room, maybe 6 would / could be deemed as edge lighting and have no need for high lighting levels.
Those bulbs could be replaced for 3w LED's ?
Half way house, or half baked idea? ;)

The right answer is to realise that trying to light a room with an array of 2" torches fixed to the ceiling is a ludicrous idea.

Mean and cruel remarks thrown at me for what reason :cry: ??

We all know your feelings regarding Gu10 fittings, when they are INSITU then the 'half way' house is to create / design something that allows some economy.

I'd ask that you offer a solution based on the fittings staying that is better than the one suggested.
I suspect that if you hold to the rule that the fittings will not be swapped out, then your presumption that my idea was 'half baked' is wrong.

Hug and big man kisses

Chris XXX

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back