Replace energy saving GU10's with normal GU10's

I removed the CFL 11W GU10 bulb but found I cannot replace with the normal GU10 25W as the 25w bulb is shorter and a piece of metal obstructs me from pushing it deeper so the downlighters must be GU10 11w's only. My only choice now will be a window or replace the 4 downlighter units. I think thats correct so far as I can see.

Sponsored Links
I would really recommend you replace the existing lamps with LED GU10s.

They come on at full brightness straight away, they last for ages and ages and ages, and they use even less electric than your existing lamps.

Have a look for warm white lamps, and between 5 watts and 9 watts.

Toolstation have some good prices for LED GU10s.

Expect to pay about a tenner per lamp. Don't be tempted by cheap lamps on ebay and the like. They're cheap for a reason.

I would second that recommendation. You can get for ~£10 50W equivalent LED GU10 replacements that consume only 5W. They really are just as good as the halogens they replace. I have just replaced the six in my kitchen with these and am very happy.

http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/crompton---non-dimmable-led---5w-gu10-warm-white/p3798/

My mum has also replaced the ones in her kitchen as well, and she is very fussy when it comes to energy saving lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back