Energy Saving security light bulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a couple security lights in my garden. They often get triggered by cats, therefore wasting energy. I think they are around 500w long thin bulbs.
Are there energy saving bulbs available for them?

Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
no.

get rid of them they are a pain and light others gardens.

i dont know if you get energy saving for that kind of light, but 80% of the time those lights are used it would have been more suited to but a couple of bulheads (or another prettyer 60w design), in which case you you would allready be saving and could further could put in cft/ energy saving bulbs.

use a seperate PIR switch, Yes I know more expensive than the PIR flood, but you can use it to power fluoros thus saving pounds (& the planet) or even LEDs - the technology for LED lighting is just a tadd away

Sponsored Links
B&Q sell GE 300w lamps that claim the same brightness as a 500w. Nice colour too. Seems like daylight. Then again, when i turn them all on, theres 1100w of lights in my garden, so it would seem like daylight :LOL:

Yes I know but then the turning point is only a tads away.
Some say 5 years I say ten but who Knows?

this garden you have, do 20 men run around on it kicking a ball?

I have actually been to Crafty's house. He has a lovely garden.

Nice shed too :LOL:

coralstand1.jpg

RF Lighting said:
I have actually been to Crafty's house. He has a lovely garden.

Nice shed too :LOL:

picture of a football stand (see above)[img][/QUOTE]
No, thats next door! The grass is greener on their side! :wink:

One of the lights is redundant, I just havent taken it out yet. And the only one on a PIR is the 150w one i attached to the shed. The others only come on when ness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back