Energy switch

The fixed they were offering would be £193 x12, the variable £111 x12 - versus the £105 variable I settled upon.

I must confess, I don't really understand how the cap works - have I made a mistake or not in signing up?

The cap is a maximum annual charge for a customer who is an 'average' user. If you are a high energy user you will pay higher than the cap. The cap is set using average energy prices over a 6 month period. The next cap adjustment is Apr 2022 where it is expected to rise again due to the current spike in wholesale prices paid by our local energy providers.

Sponsored Links
The cap is a maximum annual charge for a customer who is an 'average' user. If you are a high energy user you will pay higher than the cap. The cap is set using average energy prices over a 6 month period. The next cap adjustment is Apr 2022 where it is expected to rise again due to the current spike in wholesale prices paid by our local energy providers.

indeed if you use half the amount you will get charged half the cost
if you use twice as much you will get charged twice as much but the cap percentage is the same percentage increase per unit regardless off consumption

Sponsored Links
I'm actually glad for my apathy for once. Ignoring calls to switch and staying with BG. No dramas here.

Back