Enforcer V10 alarm not triggering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the process of installing the Enforcer V10.

Everything is done apart from the bellbox, before I connected it I wanted to test the system alarms when it should and that the sensors are set up correctly. But I cannot get the alarm to trigger!

When I set A the exit timer is started, I open and close the front door, panel makes a chime noise but then when I reopen the door the entry timer is not started and waving in front of the lounge or kitchen PIRs does not trigger the alarm.

Similarly if I set B, go upstairs for 5 mins then come back down, none of the PIRs or contacts triggers the alarm.

I've checked the panel log, no entry of alarm being triggered. The HC+ app shows the area as set but no alarm sounds/ shown on app.

All sensors are connected, plenty of signal strength etc.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
i had problems with my PIR sensors until I took off the pet covers. Pretty sure a bear could have got passed them.

Is your walk test successful?

i had problems with my PIR sensors until I took off the pet covers. Pretty sure a bear could have got passed them.

Is your walk test successful?

Will take note re. the sensors.

Yes walk test was fine, I figured out what I did wrong last night after completing a clean start and just adding one PIR so hopefully the below helps someone else if they have a moment of denseness like I did.

For all PIRs/contacts, I had set the input area as 'all' not 'any'!! I guess I misunderstood the manual and thought that it was applying it to ALL the areas that I was setting on the next option. Of course when i was trying to test the alarm, I was only setting A OR B, not both, so never triggered the alarm.

Anyway, changing the PIR to 'any', setting the alarm and waving in front of it sure enough set the alarm off and made me jump!

Thanks anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back