England v USA

I

imamartian

Typical mediocrity. Isn't it time we all accepted that England are overated? Occasionally good... but typically average. Why is it we have so many goalkeeping blunders?

And there's Patrick Viera saying we had good possession.... is he blind? England struggled to get the ball... and when we did it went back to the keeper... at one point there was women in the crowd pointing up field dto remind the team which way they were playing... how many other international teams routinely pass the ball around their back four and then bacl to the keeper who hoofs it up field.. and how come whenever the ball bounces around, it landed at the feet of a USA player?

Very disappointed that we always do things the hard way... but that's a consequence of us not being as good as we think we are !

Sponsored Links
I agree that England are very often over-rated but, although the yanks were never going to be a pushover, we should have beaten them.
Statistically, we did have more possession, more shots on goal etc. but, as usual, we lack the ability to actually score.
Green's mistake was a howler but at least he did redeem himself to a certain extent with his 2nd half save.
Heskey (the donkey) however couldn't hit a barn door with a shovel IMO.
That said, all is not lost ...... yet. The England World Cup winning team of '66 drew their first game as well
Still, what do I know, I'm just a female :rolleyes:

I haven't seen the stats, but it didn't look like we had much possession at all, and when we did it was hurried and pointless.. The USA bossed midfield too..

And i think Heskey had one of the best games of his life... he isn't the best player in the world by a long way..but at least his shot hit the target... rule number one!

We gotta accept we aint gonna win the World cup... save a miracle, but lets learn to play some football.

Sponsored Links
I think the last stats showed that England had 52% of possesion and the US48%. Was Green's second half save all that great? The ball just seemed to hit of him and could have gone anywhere, even in the goal like in the first half! The commentater went way OTT about the save so I could be wrong.

Regardless of whether it was great or not, it was a save and without it, we would no doubt have lost 2-1

:evil: :evil: :evil: Gareth Southgate says "England are capable of winning the big games"... but we don't!!!!!!!!!!!!! get real FFS !!

Potentially i could beat Mike Tyson in a scrap... but let's face it... i aint good enough!

So, in your opinions, did the americans frustrate rooney. Or did he just not have a great game?

So, in your opinions, did the americans frustrate rooney.................for the first 75 minutes, apart from Englands goal, it wasn't only Rooney they frustrated but the whole team! Or did he just not have a great game?........Did any of them?

By any standards they were poor, very poor. I was :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Might as well be a cup of hot **** if they play like that against Algeria.

Cant even beat a team that has players who even watford dont want sums yous up really.
Pile of sh#te who believe they are far better.

For me, England were better than the warm up games, but only 40%, passing was poor, no urgency in the last 20, passing about in their own half, get it upfield, and score the winner. Heskey did his job for 60 mins, but is too old/worn out, as he frees up Rooney/Lampard etc..

Who's the guy that can't train as his knees are fubar? that got subbed? Why play him? The commentators said he can't have a kick about with his 5 year old son, why is he there? Same as Green, why is he there if they say he has no experience? His 'save' in the second half was another spill, rather than a proper save, he really is useless.

They all played like a Sunday league team, no structure, no tempo. The Argies in their game were playing head tennis, and making a mockery of the opposition, IF England manage to squeeze through the mini league, they will be SLAUGHTERED by Argentina, if they meet. Very Poor.

I also hate the commentators, Oh we got a goal 5 minutes in, we are gonna win this, it's a walk over, a stroll in the park...The teams that are playing in there aren't there by accident. Nothing is a given.

Sponsored Links
Back