England v USA

""Curiously, I assume that these same people who want to find a spherical scapegoat didn't mention the fact that the same design of ball found it's way into the american net at the start of the game ""

All except those poor people who chose to watch on ITV HD. They did after all, miss that one ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
" "Curiously, I assume that these same people who want to find a spherical scapegoat didn't mention the fact that the same design of ball found it's way into the american net at the start of the game ""

All except those poor people who chose to watch on ITV HD. They did after all, miss that one ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
The lord does indeed move in mysterious ways :LOL: :LOL:

All three goals in the Brazil / Korea DRC were fantastic, and the best I've seen so far. If Brazils 1st goal was meant, thats got to be the best goal ever in history. He had NO angle to shoot, but still beats the keeper, Brazils second, what a sublime pass, then sidefoot it in casually! And Korea to get a goal, what a good run, and excellent finish.

This was classy football, everyone expected a rout against Korea; compare that level of football to what England played, and have played in the run up to the finals, England look totally outclassed. IF England win on Friday, and have a chance at the 16's, and meet sides like Brazil/Argentina/Korea played, they are going to be hammered.

Going to be embarressed by a 9-0 loss, may as well come home now. England have to pull something out the bag, and I don't see where that is coming from.

gods sake, can you not take some banter? If youre that precious about things then maybe you better avoid discussions where someone has an opinion contrary to yours. :rolleyes:

now go and watch the football and stop whinging. Glad we dont play continental football like portugal, or italy.

of course i can take a bit of banter 'gods sake'!! but you see you're patronising, and disrespectful... and you have to maintain the upper hand.. maybe you're just full of testosterone, or maybe we've crossed swords before? i can't remember.. tbh
And don't forget Thermo, it's you who couldn't cope we me having a different opinion to you... and resorted to petty insults.

im bored with this now, i merely staeted i thought most people on here who were whinging about england were jumping the gun, and whinging as usual. Youre the one that took it to heart. I can cope with any opinion, but the majority of people on here have a glass half empty view on anything and everything and it gets a little boring after a while.

Sponsored Links
He was going on at me the other day for 'not respecting him'. He's like a big girl and he ought to toughen up.

I think Englands performance was cringing to be honest.

I don't claim to know something that capello doesn't but why does he keep taking the same old failures that have failed time and time again?

Look at the difference between England and Brazil, We have got the likes of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard all who are brilliant players in the premier league yet they can't beat the USA, look at Brazil, they don't have Cafu, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo etc yet they still look as dangerous as ever!

Overrated is an understatement, they earn too much, they have no enthusiasm for international footy as there is no real money in it for them. This is why you get FA cup upsets when premiership teams lose to lower division sides, prem players will get their £100k a week win or lose, the small teams players probably have part time jobs aswell as playing footy but they have the passion to go out there and give 100%

The bottom line is that if England don't improve very quickly against Algeria they may aswell pack up and go home.

Oh and finally, Heskey is the most useless sack of sh*t to ever wear an England shirt, get him off the field and use Defoe.

^^All negative but also realistic.

Oh and finally, Heskey is the most useless sack of sh*t to ever wear an England shirt, get him off the field and use Defoe.

Heskey was one of two players (the other being Gerrard) who had a decent game on Saturday night. He set up our goal, was the only other player to have a decent chance (albeit missed) and won just about every header he went for - so which game were you watching ??

Heskey was one of two players (the other being Gerrard) who had a decent game on Saturday night. He set up our goal, was the only other player to have a decent chance (albeit missed) and won just about every header he went for - so which game were you watching ??

I agree with you that Heskey played well against USA, but what England need are forwards who score goals, we don't stand a chance unless we score and England always seems to lack goals and creativity. Heskey has 59 caps for England and he's notched up 7 goals in those games, compared with John Terry, a central defender who's scored 6 goals in 61 games - almost an identical record but Terry plays at the opposite end of the pitch!!

In the last three world cup tournaments England have managed 19 goals in 14 games, Brazil scored 42 goals in 19 games and Spain (who've never won the world cup) scored 27 in 12 games. England need to play someone who can score goals and I don't believe that Heskey is that person. The defence is OK; but for an unlucky error, England would have kept a clean sheet against USA and taken 3 points, but we don't stand a chance of winning the world cup if we can't score more than one goal a game. We need to get in the scoring frame of mind by scoring a bucketful against Algeria....

I was watching the same game as you albeit I seemed to have payed more attention by the looks of it.

You give players too much credit for setting up goals, could no other player have passed the ball to Gerrard had Heskey not played? You also seem to have missed where he spent more time on the floor than on his feet, constantly lost posession and generally lacked any form of inspiration whatsoever! It would also appear that Capello agrees with me because it looks like Heskey won't be in the starting line up this Friday ;)

The team is pants, i'l see you back on here when they lose in the quarter finals :rolleyes:

I was obvious before the tournament that England are never going to beat class teams by knocking the ball about. Why kid ourselves - we've never been able to play that way. The only chance was to use the speed of Walcott and the height of Crouch - but we left Walcott at home and Couch on the bench. I know it sounds pathetic but we do pathetic really well.

Sponsored Links
Back