England v USA

1 - 1 was a fine result for the first match of a tournament and i have no problem with it. A win would have been nice, but im not about to cast a judgement saying how crap it all is based on one game. Yes im an england fan and im also not a fan of gross negativity in any walk of life that so many are happy to jump to.

Sponsored Links
1 - 1 was a fine result for the first match of a tournament and i have no problem with it. A win would have been nice, but im not about to cast a judgement saying how crap it all is based on one game. Yes im an england fan and im also not a fan of gross negativity in any walk of life that so many are happy to jump to.

Whereas i based my OP on just about every single game played by the current England team in the last 8 years?

I accept 1-1 was an ok result... we could have lost FFS. But, i am not a miserable s0d, i just despair at the way we play our football.. it's panic footy all the way.

no you based it on the last 8 years in the first line and then went on to criticize the performance on the night in the rest of the post. It was the first match of a tournament. most teams have been nervy and not in their stride yet. Apart from germany none of them have looked any great shakes, which is pretty normal for the first round of games.The women in the crowd was shown at the end, when england were sensibly holding onto the ball in the last few minutes keeping posseson so they didnt let a draw turn into a defeat. Ill bow to your opinion though in preference to a player who won the world cup and may have an inkling of what he is talking about.

I maintain my stance on just about every performance of England over a good few years has been poor, almost desperate... we don't play Continental or Sth Americam football.

First match of a tournament is irrelavent.... that's like saying it was the surgeons first op of their shift.... they'll get better later in the day. These guys are professionals at the top of their game, paid multiple times that surgeons and airline pilots are paid!!

England always work the ball backwards, not just at the end of a game... that's because all other teams know that if they press us... we go backwards and hoof it upfield.

And i expect sarcasm to be beneath somone like you Thermo.. but your comment about the opinion of a prffesional footie player... well Mark Lawrenson makes predictions every week and gets tmost of them wrong. And on most sports programs, pundits 'predict' the scores, each person with a different score, and most of them get it wrong.

Sponsored Links
imamartian....you are a miserable s0d.

Everyone knows the history, we've all lived through it.
Lets wait and see what happens before slagging them off eh.
If you're old enough to remember Italia 90 you'd know that England played cr4p early on and went on to thrill the country with the type of football they played getting to the semi final after gaining some confidence.
With all the other miserable s0ds just like you who can't wait to stick the knife in it's no wonder some of the players might feel inhibited and nervous, highly paid professionals or not.

imamartian....you are a miserable s0d.

hang on, no need to get quite so personal. You don't know me :rolleyes:

And i have lived through it, so i'm entitled to be disappointed. And yeah they thrilled the country by coming fourth?

And do you REALLY think that my insignificant moans on a DIY forum affect how they play? Bizarre comments Sooey!!

And i have lived through it, so i'm entitled to be disappointed. And yeah they thrilled the country by coming fourth?

They thrilled the country by playing some great attacking football, the lack of which is what you were moaning about I think.

And do you REALLY think that my insignificant moans on a DIY forum affect how they play? Bizarre comments Sooey!!

You X 10 or 20 million other so called "fans" plus all the press, yes I do.

They thrilled the country by playing some great attacking football, the lack of which is what you were moaning about I think.
You think wrong... i said we should boss midfield more, and do better than fourth!

You X 10 or 20 million other so called "fans" plus all the press, yes I do.
ahhh get the poor liitle football players, all them 20 million people (probably almost every adult male) criticising them...makes them play bad... oh it's my fault then!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Silly me, I thought you wrote
Typical mediocrity. Isn't it time we all accepted that England are overated? Occasionally good... but typically average. Why is it we have so many goalkeeping blunders?

ahhh get the poor liitle football players, all them 20 million people (probably almost every adult male) criticising them...makes them play bad... oh it's my fault then!!!!

Just because there's 20 million odd other miserable s0ds with overhyped, unrealistic expectations doesn't make you any less of a one. :LOL:

all i'd say Sooey is, if you're happy with that kind of performance by your national team, then you're easy to please. I expect german efficiency, brazilian flair (ok, maybe not this), Spanish talent..(afterall we get to most champions league finals), and american.... lack of experience? we invented the game ffs.

But to dispel the myth that i'm meserable... :LOL: ... old?. well mid 40's is possibly old.. but a s0d? what's a s0d?

I'm not happy with it at all mate, I hope for much better.
As for what you expect because we get to a few champions league finals, how many English players play for Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal??? When was the last time any of them even had an English manager?? Like I said, Overhyped unrealistic expectations.
As for inventing the game, I wonder how fast Rubik could solve his cube, as compared to many (not me) who could do it in no time.

I'm not happy with it at all mate, I hope for much better.
As for what you expect because we get to a few champions league finals, how many English players play for Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal??? When was the last time any of them even had an English manager?? Like I said, Overhyped unrealistic expectations.
As for inventing the game, I wonder how fast Rubik could solve his cube, as compared to many (not me) who could do it in no time.

I'm actually quite good with a rubik cube.. i just learnt how to solve it... didn't rely on being a big English bloke...

And i agree with the ratio of homegrown players to foreigners being a problem in the premiership... but a problem the the English fan, and not a problem for al the foreign investers in the premiership...

And you can say Overhyped unrealistic expectations. as much as you like... but you should want England to win, well, everytime....accepting less is wrong..

And you can say Overhyped unrealistic expectations. as much as you like... but you should want England to win, well, everytime....accepting less is wrong..

Of course I want England to win well everytime, there's nothing wrong with that, I still hope that they will. I thought it was you who'd thrown in the towel on the evidence of what you deemed to be a poor first game.
The point is though, no matter what happens, I'm absolutely certain that those lads whoever they play for will do their absolute best. That's all anyone has the right to ask. If that 'aint good enough, tough!!

all i'd say Sooey is, if you're happy with that kind of performance by your national team, then you're easy to please. I expect german efficiency, brazilian flair (ok, maybe not this), Spanish talent..(afterall we get to most champions league finals), and american.... lack of experience? we invented the game ffs.

But to dispel the myth that i'm meserable... :LOL: ... old?. well mid 40's is possibly old.. but a s0d? what's a s0d?

no u didn't invent football!!!it existed before 1990's when premier league was founded. 2. england did not invent football..

watching football is dangerous,

I PMSL and fell of the couch and cracked 2 ribs watching "the greatest team in the world cup" (an English media quote, not mine :LOL: ) drawing with the Yanks, superb, remember ABE for the cup

Remember SNP :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back