England v USA

Early days yet, the Itallians would be happy with that as a first point in the bag, the big games are still to come.
I can't remember any world cup winners coming staright out of the starting blocks in full stride.
But I would prefer Hart in goals over Green or James, he's looked keen and alert in the friendlies, in fact I would prefer to put Heskey there.

exactly thats tournament football. its not about playing pretty and scoring loads of goals, its about playing to get through each stage

Sponsored Links
My take on the game was that the yanks had solid defecnce, their passing was imprecise, but they pushed and tried. Only god knows the outcome if the yanks could pass the ball without loosing it, what the score line would have been. Even Becham looked well pi55ed off.

Sponsored Links
Might be a good idea to get the team to learn the words to our national anthem. The camera panned along the team as God Save the Queen was playing and hardly any were even mouthing the words.
Shows real pride in your country, Cant even be bothered to join in our national anthem. ;) ;)

Might be a good idea to get the team to learn the words to our national anthem. The camera panned along the team as God Save the Queen was playing and hardly any were even mouthing the words.
Shows real pride in your country, Cant even be bothered to join in our national anthem. ;) ;)

unlike the south Africans,who seemed to be having a party and all joined in.

Seemingly capello was heard shouting at john terry .
I blame you, WHY the fek did you not sh#g Greens mrs .

As for national anthem perhaps it would help if Engurland had there own anthem instead of the British anthem after all its England in the cup not the UK

It wasn't that bad, Rooney of course was locked down as much as possible, that said the service he got from Heskey was lamentable, he's not Crouch ya know, always about 6" over his head. Where was Lampard?? Should have nailed it half way through the second half when we were all over 'em. OK Green's howler was just that, but as is said, if a striker makes a howler, no one really remembers, a goalkeeper... different story.

Still there was some hope there, at least England came out straight on the offensive, just need to put it in the back of the net.....

Still, my son played in a tournament at the weekend, which his team won on penalty shoot outs even though he beckham'ed his penalty. Not bad, really considering we're small village side which can only must one team per age group and beat sides from large towns.

Game on (well actually game finished in this case) next tournament this weekend, this one'll be scary, we're Div 7 (first season) playing againt Div 1 teams, I live in hope, but we'll get slaughered probably.

The more clinical finishers showed against Australia last night how to do it.We have to win our group and hope the Germans win theirs aswell to avoid them in the first round of knockout stages.

watching football is dangerous,

I PMSL and fell of the couch and cracked 2 ribs watching "the greatest team in the world cup" (an English media quote, not mine :LOL: ) drawing with the Yanks, superb, remember ABE for the cup

You really are a bunch of miserable b*****d on here. You'll only be happy when theyve been knocked out and can say i told you soIf jesus christ came back you'd probably find something to knock him about. :rolleyes:

correctomundo :LOL:

Well excuse me for having an opinion.

If you're happy with a side that doesn't know how to keep a football, then that's up to you. England have flashes of brilliance, especially in the opponents box, but our midfield is pitiful. Rooney is frustrated because the midfield don't connect with him.

Heskey looks useful because he's good at taking down a high ball and not bad at distributing it.. but that suits the long ball game. We just don't make ourselves available to take and then make a pass as a lot of other teams seem to have mastered.

youre excused you miserable git, im voicing mine thanks very much

youre excused you miserable git, im voicing mine thanks very much

Well in that case, to redress the balance, you're a cantankerous old fool then...!

so that's one opinion each, and one insult! And i suspect, being the England fan you are, you'll be happy with a draw?

Sponsored Links
Back