England v USA

The Premiership is full of talented foreigners - the Brits in the league are just runners and plodders. No skill in breaking down defences. This is the weakest team I can remember.

Sponsored Links
good to see the british spirit of knocking everything is still running strong on here then. I didnt think they played too bad, the pressed well and passing was good. usa were never going to be a walkover and the equalizer was a fluke which probably rattled things a bit. Heskey played very well, apart from missing a couple of chances, his hold up play and creation for other players was very very good. The world cup is a long tournament and its not about going full steam in every match. how many good teams have set the group stages alight and then gone out in the knockout stages as they ran out of steam.

You really are a bunch of miserable bastards on here. You'll only be happy when theyve been knocked out and can say i told you so.If jesus christ came back you'd probably find something to knock him about. :rolleyes:

The sad part is that we seem to provide our team with an engine of 3 or 4 decent players then expect miracles. If the engine fires on all cylinders then we can look and compete very well - but, as with the past rugby W/C win we also need to be playing a team not at their best -- Takes many tries over many years for the combinations to favourably provide the outcome we'd prefer.
No quality in depth, both in the team on the park and the squad in general.
Oh for an English Georgie Best - unafraid to take responsibility - attacking a defence head on, a one - quite small man - blitzkreig - Robert Charlton with the big slingshot at the ready roaming the midfield - we lost a 2nd WC through Bob's substitution against Germany, way back, but not forgotten.

Unshaven Green (and others) look sloppy, isn't shaving supposed to be good for morale?
The 'save' was a lucky ricochet onto the post how could he have been in the wrong place? - there was only one place to be and he wasn't fully covering that near post !! Had there been a USA lurker around the 6 yd box it may well have been 2-1.

--

You really are a bunch of miserable b*****d on here. You'll only be happy when theyve been knocked out and can say i told you so.

Got to agree with thermo...........you lot are all miserable bar stewarts and pessimistics.

ok they were not that good and rooney was as quiet as he,s ever been I thought heskey done ok but he should have scored and dont take it away from the yanks as they were never going to be pushovers . Now is the best time to get your poor games out of the way rather than in the semi final.

I am confident we will go through the knock out stages

Sponsored Links
Has anyone blamed the ball yet?? Watching the match, I saw Howard punt the ball up the field, when it bounced off the ground, it definitely seemed to pitch forward at a different angle from what one would have expected.
The ball definitely seems a lot quicker than previous World Cup balls.
Anyways,, Great opening goal from Stevie Gerrard eh, ;) ;) ;)

I watched the Argentina match. Their goal, if you watch in slow motion, seemed to come of Tevez's fingers. Ok even if he hadn't touched it, it was always going to go in. (shades of the hand of god again). Nigeria did have their moments and their goalkeeper made some absolutely brilliant saves.

One could say Argentina were unlucky not to have won 5 or 6 nil, but equally, Nigeria were very unlucky not to have scored.

The England team.
Great individual talent but put them together on a field and you have a bunch of guys running around like headless chickens who crack under the slightest pressure.
Final result .... Epic fail. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If jesus christ came back you'd probably find something to knock him about. :rolleyes:

Well a haircut and a shave would be a decent start, and with all that preaching and healing taking up his time I expect his carpentry skills leave a lot to be desired.

Has anyone blamed the ball yet?? Watching the match, I saw Howard punt the ball up the field, when it bounced off the ground, it definitely seemed to pitch forward at a different angle from what one would have expected.
The ball definitely seems a lot quicker than previous World Cup balls.
Anyways,, Great opening goal from Stevie Gerrard eh, ;) ;) ;)
Yes I think they have. Maybe it was also too hot/too cold/the altitude/wrong type of grass/wrong time of the month etc. etc. :rolleyes:
It's not really surprising if a lot of England fans are pessimistic, afterall, when was the last time England won anything (in football that is)?
I wonder how many England fans have been to the bookies and put their hard-earned on England to win - not many I'll wager. The odds are probably pretty good though as rank outsiders (with the emphasis on rank) :LOL:
Anyway, looking on the brighter side, at least we don't cheat to get through. I don't care who wins it as long as it's not France or Argentina :evil:

Early days yet, the Itallians would be happy with that as a first point in the bag, the big games are still to come.
I can't remember any world cup winners coming staright out of the starting blocks in full stride.
But I would prefer Hart in goals over Green or James, he's looked keen and alert in the friendlies, in fact I would prefer to put Heskey there.

Englands next opponents Slovenia have won today so is it a must win game on friday? nothing like a bit of pressure.

It is possible that each teams performance will look different when they are playing at a mile high or sea level. I think it will be that their preparation will be a big factor and as a spectator we'll get a right mess to look at.

Like- when Green knelt down he had a dizzy fit. Looked at this projectile coming for him and thought "Whats that I'll put my hands down in case its ball or something". The power of the contact spun him off balance and he fell over. Did you not see his look of "What happened there" after he got up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back