ES / E27 Pendant fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my new house it turns out I have 11 light fittings which take ES / E27 lamps (8 wall fittings & 3 ceiling fittings), and 3 (pendant) fittings which take BC lamps.

Now all of these locations take what would otherwise be identical lamps, apart from the ES / BC fitting.

It occurred to me that it might be nice to make them all one kind of fitting.

The 3 pendant fittings are your basic 6 inch MK BCpendant fitting.

So I was wondering if anyone made an ES / E27 pendant fitting or cord grip lampholder.

No-one in the UK seems to do them. BC fitting seems to be a peculiarly British thing (& has appeared to have leaked out to parts of the former British Empire), with the rest of the world using ES / E27.

I figure that continental suppliers ought to do them. I have got as far as http://www.elektro4000.de/ but I can't get any traction through the language barrier.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I will agree not too easy to find, in the main ES27 is used for 110v and discharge lamps and has not got the ability to switch of or shutter pins when there is no bulb in the holder but Here’s on in brass or adaptors Here and here but if you had ever worked on the 110v festoon lighting and tried to remove broken bulbs with ES lamps I think you work go for bayonet fittings?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back