ESTWING HAMMER WEIGHT FORWARD HAMMER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi buds just bought a weight forward estwing hammer good balance and nice to hold , have you got one in your toolbox what do you think of it, or do you like stanley ,vaughan or any other make.

Sponsored Links
They look pretty space age dont they! :LOL: Nice and shiny. Never used one, Just thought a hammer was a hammer really. Seems a bit pricey at £40!

got 3 of em ;)
1 @16oz little toffee hamer used to use this for tacking ceilings.leather handle bought years ago for stupid money think it was about half my wages then :confused:
and 2 22oz for everything else,got given 1 of them and bought the other for £15 at a boot fair.

I really can't stand these, but mainly as they're not as useable in my work (shuttering) .. the neck shape is a pain if you're trying to hammer around/through things and bends.. don't like the head either.. gimme my normal estwing any day! :)

Sponsored Links
Btw i do reeeaaaallly like the Stanley antivibe hammers... but again, not proactical.. the little bulge at the end of the handle fux u when hammering parallel/straight to a surface.. oh yeah, and it keep catching on your frog!

Hi kas i did a bit of shuttering some years back hard work hey bud, i liked using the stanley rubber handle model round shaft.

Hi greg i also have a leather handle i6oz est but not liking the handle to many blisters and shock waves.

got one and i do like it, took a bit of getting used to though. mainly gets used for the heavier hammering jobs, with a good old stanley for the more delicate touches!

Yep it's nothing but graft, and get that fking pour ready! Have to move into fix work now anyway as blew 2 discs in the gym!

soz peeps thought you were all talking about the normal estwings,didnt realize there were different models?? :oops:

seediy dont leave it in the rain,like i did :cry: the handle comes loose :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back