Hammer Drills?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am i bought a Bosch hammer drill last year and i am having problems withe chuck, the drill bits seem to work themselves loose especially when using the hammer feature. So i was after a new hammer drill or a seperate hammer drill and drill driver. I have about £100 to spend so if there are any recommendations for a drill/s under 2kg in weight your expertise would be gratefully received.

Thank you for your responses in advance.

Mandy

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have been insearch of a decent hammer drill that will work well for someone who will get alot of use out of it for both masonary and wood but that is also fairly light. I have a hammer drill with the extra handle that slided on around where you find the torque setting already, but on further search i noticed not all of the hammer drill have this feature.

Obviously this is not a stanrdard on all cordless hammer drill and i would like to know why that is and is it something that is worth having. I have seen a few drill i quite like but i am concerned i will have issue with drilling into masonary without the handle to drive harder into walls.

Many thanks

Mandy

SDS drill's are the best for masonary and can be convarted to a standard three jaw chuck for wood work,for £100 you should be able to find a good drill,look for Bosch or Makita 2 KG SDS drill ,Try Screwfix or ITS

Sponsored Links
Thats an excellent drill - 16 torque settings are more than enough.
Li-Ion is the way to go - those smaller batteries don't last as long as the 3 ah ones but they charge up fast too.
If I needed a new drill, I'd go for it.
(My Hitachi drill has the same spec and has been worked to death - yet it still comes back for more!)
John :)

Thats an excellent drill - 16 torque settings are more than enough.
Li-Ion is the way to go - those smaller batteries don't last as long as the 3 ah ones but they charge up fast too.
If I needed a new drill, I'd go for it.
(My Hitachi drill has the same spec and has been worked to death - yet it still comes back for more!)

Hi,

I had looked at the Hitachi 18 v combi drill as well:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/hitachi-dv18dcl2-18v-1-5ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill/64945

It has some pretty amazing reviews on Screwfix and it is super light. The plus side with the Hitachi is the two battery thing. The only thing with the Hitachi is doesn't seem as robust as the Makita......what do you guys think?

Mandy

I'd buy my Hitachi again anytime - two batteries are essential really, charge time is nearer 20 minutes and the carry case is oddly moulded - but its a great tool.
The chuck works fine.....I probably use the same method of tightening as everyone else. Drill in the chuck, hold the end by hand and press the trigger. Not the kindest to ones hands..... :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back