EU 750 billion coronavirus recovery fund.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The EU are planning to hand out 500 billion in grants and 250billion in low interest loans once the pandemic ends..
Will the UK be entitled to its share of all this free money.
Or will the UK have to pay our final contributions on leaving the EU but be excluded from this financial bonanza because we are no longer members of the EU.https://www-euronews-com.cdn.amppro...nveil-trillion-euro-coronavirus-recovery-plan

Sponsored Links
Depends on whether borisconi keeps his word and does a deal based on what has already been signed off on.

If not the UK is on it's own, and unless it keeps to the obligations it has agreed to then any future trade deals will done at a disadvantage to the UK.

Because if the UK reneges, which countries will trust the UK again unless they stand to gain substantially!

I have to admit that the EUs optimism about the possibilities for post Covid recovery is in stark contrast to the doom monger predictions of economic collapse in the UK.

I have to admit that the EUs optimism about the possibilities for post Covid recovery is in stark contrast to the doom monger predictions of economic collapse in the UK.
The neighbour is off on Tuesday for his usual caravan holiday (until about September) because restrictions on travel have been lifted here.
Although the official holiday resort re-opening is 22 June.

I thought he said 2 June, and he's been busy preparing, but he might have said 22 June.

Sponsored Links
The lions share of the grants will go to the poorer southern European countries, which is why the wealthier northern European countries were so opposed to it. The wealthier countries favoured a loan scheme, rather like the way they 'helped' Greece.
We really are better off out of it, it would mean putting our hands a lot deeper into our pockets than we already have to.

We really are better off out of it, it would mean putting our hands a lot deeper into our pockets than we already have to.
youve forgotten a tiny detail: brexit will cost far more than any membership fee.
keep peddling the good old confirmation bias.

"UK GDP will be £37bn lower by the end 2022 if there is no trade deal with the EU by the end of this year than if trade talks continue beyond the government’s deadline"

well brexiters are getting their knickers in a twist because the EU wants a trade deal that includes what was agreed in Johnsons WA

They won't be getting it. Dom didn't come this far to see that happen, and you know it.

Dom didn't come this far to see that happen, and you know it.
that is true....the lies never stop

Of course Johnson will renege on his Withdrawal agreement: he lied to you that there would be 'unfettered trade Ni GB and he signed an agreement with the EU that included a LPF etc etc.

do tell me why this government need to leave with no trade deal....

I'll tell you: its because Tory ministers, Tory donors and brexit millionaires stand to make loads of money from selling the UK down the river to the USA.

shame about the farming and industrial regions of this country: Tories dont a flying furk, all they care about is lining their own pockets.

Gosh yes, it was a massive drain on our yearly budget. Wasn't it?
It wasn’t the Actual payment that ****ed most brexiters off, it was all the crap that came with it. Non-working thieving, poncing European foreigners with unchecked access to our housing, education, benefits and health systems. Soon, WE will be able to decide who we let in, and not be told by anyone else who we MUST let in. Haven’t you got that yet? Don't fret, it’ll all sort itself out.

Gosh yes, it was a massive drain on our yearly budget. Wasn't it?

I was referring more to bailouts that will be required by poorer member states rather that the actual budget, although heaven knows they're up sh1t creek just on the budget.

Sponsored Links
Back