Euromini - alarm sets, but does not get triggered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have moved to a property few months ago with the alarm present. It is EuroMini 10v6. It has 6 motion sensors, no door sensors. Initially I had to do few repairs (battery and fuses) and finally managed to get NO faults on the system. I have managed to set the alarm, the sensors lights when I walk past it, but the alarm does not get triggered.

I did Siren test - works fine.
I did Diagnostic and Checked Input: I get FFFFFFFFFFF - which suggest all sensors are faulty. But they light up when I walk past them. On more of them the "resistance" is >25K
I should mention that one of the sensors has been removed and the ends of the cable taped separately and hidden away - could this be the issue?

Sponsored Links
Probably wired incorrectly……post picture of pcb with wires attached , also picture of sensors ….they can be wired two different ways

Sponsored Links
20220918_210036.jpg

Ok it’s wired as double pole ….you need to check the following

Attachments

• 70F18543-308A-4E70-815B-9A71B430DD57.png
    70F18543-308A-4E70-815B-9A71B430DD57.png
    495 KB · Views: 46
This is how it is wired with double pole …..

Attachments

• A15F7CB3-D8DA-4163-B52D-5577AFE9354B.png
    A15F7CB3-D8DA-4163-B52D-5577AFE9354B.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 45
I have changed the set up to Double Pole in the setting, but the alarm is still not triggering.
I suspect I need to reconnect one of the sensors since it has been disconnect. I think I have lost the Tamper loop because of this.

Does the alarm set.
What is displayed on the keypad Once alarm has been triggered.

So when I input the code it gives me a count down (20s) with some noise. It just says "Set Area A" (or smth like that) it does not say "leave via agreed route". Then it gives me 2 chimes and goes back to "EuroMini 10V6 with date and time".

And the alarm does not get triggered

You need to check zone input programing for each zone.Have any been changed to not used.

ah, yes, all of them were put as unused! I quickly set it to Intruder and it triggered!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back