European Referendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farage dull?
You've not seen him giving baruso, von rupmoy etc a piece of his mind then?
Or the truth to be more precise.
Some day NF will be vindicated. No one can make the eurocrats squirm like he does.

The eu is nothing more than a shi**y mockery and a wannabe United States, something that it will never achieve.
Its just that NF has the ba**s to stand up and say it to their faces.

"We don't want that flag, we don't want the anthem, we don't want this political class, we want the whole thing consigned to the dustbin of history".
Nigel Farage.

..love how he destroys the to**ers in the eu parliament.

Well said.

It's difficult to predict what will happen in (or before) 2017. Cameron's much vaunted promise of a referendum is likely, in my opinion, to turn out to be nothing of the sort.

Even if I'm wrong, and the referendum is a genuine in-out choice, there is no guarantee that a majority will vote for our freedom although, from what I have heard and read on here and elsewhere, it sounds odds-on that most people do want out.

Nevertheless, I am sure that the EU will eventually collapse for one reason or another. Many people throughout West Europe (though not, I'm sure, the East!) are becoming disillusioned with:
- having to finance poorer countries, especially those that are not making much of an effort to control their own finances; and
- being dictated to by bureaucrats, most of whom they didn't elect directly and who often seem not to have their nation's interests at heart.

Sponsored Links
JBR";p="3386154 said:
Cameron's much vaunted promise of a referendum is likely, in my opinion, to turn out to be nothing of the sort.

Even if I'm wrong, and the referendum is a genuine in-out choice...
I've seen others saying this. I can't see how you could have a referendum on in/out without asking in/out. What other choice are you thinking it will be. All the tested questions I've seen are basically in/out. Have you seen something different?

jeds";p="3386263 said:
Cameron's much vaunted promise of a referendum is likely, in my opinion, to turn out to be nothing of the sort.

Even if I'm wrong, and the referendum is a genuine in-out choice...
I've seen others saying this. I can't see how you could have a referendum on in/out without asking in/out. What other choice are you thinking it will be. All the tested questions I've seen are basically in/out. Have you seen something different?

I fully expect it to be something along the lines of:

- I want to remain in the EU.
- I want to remain in the EU provided certain concessions are made.
- I want to leave the EU unless certain concessions are made.
- I want to see how things develop over the next five years.

etc.

Yes and if they follow the standards of previous eu referendums they might just ignore the result and have another one that's fixed to give the result they want.

Everything about the eu stinks to high heaven.

Sponsored Links
Yes and if they follow the standards of previous eu referendums they might just ignore the result and have another one that's fixed to give the result they want.

Everything about the eu stinks to high heaven.

Yes, like they did in Ireland.

Yes, it stinks. :(

JBR, so you think we might have a referendum that asks; I want to see how things develop over the next five years. Yes/No?

You're just playing up to the class. If you're not going to discuss things sensibly there's no point.

Having just witnessed how political parties can be wasted entirely by the uk electorate, I'm sure that the Tories will be well aware that if they try any strange shenanegans with the wording and/or the result, then their own futures/inflated salaries/expenses etc will also become somewhat precarious.

JBR, so you think we might have a referendum that asks; I want to see how things develop over the next five years. Yes/No?

You're just playing up to the class. If you're not going to discuss things sensibly there's no point.

Don't believe me then. Just wait and see!

The secret to winning the election by those that want to stay IN - is to allow all the 1.5 million foreigners to vote.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I'm well aware that how the question is asked is a complicated subject and can have some influence on the outcome, but whatever the question is it is bound to basically ask, one way or another, in or out, yes or no. Otherwise the vote is pointless. All these questions were tested on the public a year or two ago and they were all basically that. There was nothing childish like let's hang on for a while and see what happens!

My view is that however you ask the question you are going to confuse some people. During the testing some people didn't realise we were in the EU so asking them if we should leave confused them. Some people thought the question was asking if we should join the EU. You couldn't make it up but it's true. So, some people will be confused however it is asked but I'd hope that the majority will be able to work it out.

"During the testing some people didn't realise we were in the EU so asking them if we should leave confused them. "

Foreigners should not be given the choice.
But obviously this will be one method of fixing the outcome. Not many turkeys vote for xmas.

• Thanks
hi1, hi

Here we go again, UKIP 4 MILLION! WOW!

But, lets have a wee look at this?

UKIP are a one man band, at the present moment, UKIP are tearing themselves apart, and lets not go anywhere the labour blood bath that is going on right now?

Why when a Political party stumbles at an Election does that party proceed in the full glare of the nation in the media tear itself apart almost like a feeding frenzy with a group of Sharks?

As for UKIP? as above a one man band who has come across, not for the first time as some sort of dare I say I megalomaniac?

As I have posted here before UKIP simply do not [and never have] existed up here?

UKIP simply do not have the stable party machine in place or indeed the ££££ backing? the newest kids on the block apart from UKIP is the SNP, but the SNP has been in existence for DECADES! yes tens of years. how old is UKIP?

The SNP have an infrastructure, not only within the Scottish and Westminster parliaments but actually on the ground!

Now I fully admit I am about to "Plagiarise" the following from a post elsewhere on this board, but here goes.

"A more accurate comparison would be:
Of the 650 parliamentary seats:
UKIP contested 624 seats = 6250 votes per seat
SNP contested 69 seats = 20289 votes per seat
Effectively the SNP gained just over 50% of the combined votes cast in the seats they contested."

I suppose it is unfortunate that the SNP did not stand in some English Constituencies? that is a novel idea?

Try the maths yourself? I have seen figures that mention the SNP got 50.2%

Given an entire COUNTRY! has voted thus? what result would you expect? it is a total rejection of the ages old grip that Labour has held in Scotland, The Conservatives only had one Westminster MP before the last Election, which in effect indicates that everyone in Scotland is represented in Westminster's RULING Party by one person?

Once UKIP get even close to 50% of the total votes cast, then and only then can you start to make a point?

Hope all have fun ripping this apart, maths do not tend to spread Mis-information at least not too often.

Ken

I'm getting fed up with all this nonsense about the SNP

So, they have won 56 out of 59 seats in SCOTLAND.

Unfortunately, for them (and I'm beginning to think for the rest of us) the Scottish people have only recently voted to remain part of the UK.
Therefore they and you are in the same position as, say, 56 Labour seats in the north of England.

That position is:

THEY HAVE A CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT.

Get used to it.

• Thanks

Me too. And I'm getting fed up with whingeing Scots.

I'd love there to be another independence referendum, and next time allow the English, Welsh and Northern Irish to vote as well.

I think you'd get your independence without any problems!

Oh, and I'd love to see Wee Jimmy Krankie's face five years later!

So, they have won 56 out of 59 seats in SCOTLAND.

Unfortunately, for them (and I'm beginning to think for the rest of us) the Scottish people have only recently voted to remain part of the UK.
Therefore they and you are in the same position as, say, 56 Labour seats in the north of England.

That position is:

THEY HAVE A CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT.

Get used to it.

When an entire 'country' votes for one party and gets another, you have a big problem with the system.

On this issue the Scot's are right to whine, voting against independence shouldn't mean taking it up the arse instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back