European Referendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he (Farage) was Metals Trader.

So what he if he went to public school.

He DID resign and if you saw the massive campaign on Social Media perhaps you'd see why that resignation was rejected.

What was Nigel supposed to do ?

Say "Eff you all - I've quit" or be blown away by the massive support for him ?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
I thought he (Farage) was Metals Trader.

So what he if he went to public school.

He DID resign and if you saw the massive campaign on Social Media perhaps you'd see why that resignation was rejected.

What was Nigel supposed to do ?

Say "Eff you all - I've quit" or be blown away by the massive support for him ?

He was a metals trader on the stock exchange, not in a scrapyard.

It seems from the headlines today that support of his leadership is not as unanimous as reported, from donors and senior ukippers...

Personally I think Nige would be better off standing down from UKIP and concentrating on the referendum. He doesn't really need the distraction and UKIP is a dead duck afterwards anyway. Once done (whichever way it goes) he could then start a new party with a more sensible starting point - and name. The one thing that most people agree on is the lack of a third party that can genuinely represent the people. Forget the Greens with their free beer for everybody policies and forget the Libs with their wishy washy, in-between, not-one-thing-or-the-other bol*ocks. They are dead ducks before they even start. I reckon Nige could do that over time but not with UKIP.

Sponsored Links
Have you actually read UKIP's manifesto ?

They are FAR from a single issue party.
Not really saying they are. It started as single issue but expanded. After the vote the name would be a hangover which I reckon will hold it back. Nigel is popular and could use the momentum to restart a new movement with a more appropriate name and a more solid starting point. Otherwise it will struggle.

I disagree that UKIP is a 'dead duck'. Let's not forget that, despite gaining only one seat in parliament, it is now the country's 'third party' (having taken over from the Limp Dems) by support.

I suspect that the present in-fighting may be being exaggerated by the media, some of which have a distinct left-wing bias and all of which love a good story and are not beyond gilding the lily.

Then, of course, we all know there have been 'plants' appearing to support UKIP. I believe that the 'main parties' still fear UKIP and feel that they could benefit from stirring things up a little.

Then there have been the frequent accusations of Nigel Farage doing a U-turn re. his party leadership (not that other politicians ever do U-turns, of course). He was asked to reconsider by the vast majority of his supporters and donors. What was he suppose to do?

They still have my vote when the next opportunity arises.

Another interesting thought is who should be allowed to vote. In general elections everybody and their dog is allowed an X. For the referendum that could mean several million voters, voting on the future of the UK, who aren't even nationals.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I don't think it has to be the same for a referendum though.

I disagree that UKIP is a 'dead duck'.

Farage has appeal to a lot of voters, but it is limited appeal, lots of people would not vote for him (me included).

UKIP is a dead duck with him at the helm, because with him it can go no further.

He needs to step aside for someone more suitable to be a proper statesman, but still remain an active part of the senior leadership.

I suspect that the present in-fighting may be being exaggerated by the media

If read a number of items from ex kippers that paint an interesting picture, basically that farage has too much control, to much ego and treats the party as to much of 'his plaything'.

I have no confidence his 'resignation' was any such thing.

Farage dull?
You've not seen him giving baruso, von rupmoy etc a piece of his mind then?
Or the truth to be more precise.
Some day NF will be vindicated. No one can make the eurocrats squirm like he does.

The eu is nothing more than a shi**y mockery and a wannabe United States, something that it will never achieve.
Its just that NF has the ba**s to stand up and say it to their faces.

"We don't want that flag, we don't want the anthem, we don't want this political class, we want the whole thing consigned to the dustbin of history".
Nigel Farage.

..love how he destroys the to**ers in the eu parliament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back