European Tool Sellers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Seeing if the forum can help me out.

Without getting all political, this Brexit thing has made purchasing stuff from the UK a bit more expensive.

I now live overseas in Malta and was wondering if anyone knew if there were any European equivalents to the likes of Folkestone Fittings, aka FFX or Buy A Parcel for buying cordless power tools, especially cordless stuff inexpensively?

Thanks all

Jules

Sponsored Links
Screwfix have a presence on the Continent, don't they?

Edit: they are not trading at the moment.

Toolstation are in France and Netherlands. Would they deliver?

Last edited:
I've had excellent service from FFX, and from Axminster, including email correspondence for parts/tools identification prior to purchase.
Screwfix service was crap and ended up getting refund for non-delivery.
But all of this was pre-Brexit.

Service and prices from Germany (and other East European nations) is superb.

Perhaps be careful buying tools from some countries on e bay ect
As the tools may be knocked off

The power tool being offered for sale at a cheap price was lifted out of a van in the UK

same principle as the offer of cheap carpets ;)

Sponsored Links
Surely if a member of the public knows something being flogged on fleabay is a stolen item, the police should be made aware and then they can do something about it?
What does it achieve by stating this on a forum?

Surely if a member of the public knows something being flogged on fleabay is a stolen item, the police should be made aware and then they can do something about it?
What does it achieve by stating this on a forum?

plod gives not a jot

same as tools being flogged at car boot sales

Perhaps be careful buying tools from some countries on e bay ect
As the tools may be knocked off

I would never buy on ebay unless it was clearly from the manufacturers own shop. Buying from anybody else will often mean warranty not void (unless it is from a seller approved by the manufacturer). Otherwise, if there is a fault they will say you bought from non-authorised seller, or even say it is second hand, and warranty will be void.

I speak from experience!

I would never buy on ebay unless it was clearly from the manufacturers own shop. Buying from anybody else will often mean warranty not void (unless it is from a seller approved by the manufacturer). Otherwise, if there is a fault they will say you bought from non-authorised seller, or even say it is second hand, and warranty will be void.

I speak from experience!

FFX sell on eBay, but don't buy them through that channel they're cheaper on their website.

I buy my Milwaulkee kit from SGS-Engineering on Ebay, brand new from reputable supplier.

Use the 4 months interest free deal.

Sponsored Links
Back