Eurosec LCD Keypad PR5648 showing squares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Eursosec LCD panel in a tenant's apartment that's showing only grey squares. It used to work fine and I have the arm code. The keypad is in good condition and is lighting up so there's power etc.

I'm handy with DIY and electrics a bit, but I am not an alarm engineer. Having a look inside the keypad there's no obvious wear or damage and the wires are all in their original places (nobody's ever touched it). Opening it up did not set off the tamper alarm.

Checking the control unit, all three fuses are OK. If I disconnect the mains fuse, the external alarm sounds. I powered down and removed the battery, but on bringing it back up it's the same. If I disconnect the 12v wire at the unit the keypad did shut down, so they seem to be 'talking'.

My thought is to exchange with an identical keypad, but I would really appreciate any input and advice as to if that might solve it, or something else is going on that I don't understand! Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If you have tried a total reboot then sounds like faulty keypad.
DIY Dabbled had a post earlier this month on how to replace keypad on eurosec.

A picture may help explain what you are seeing and a picture of the keypad wiring.

Things don't just go, usually theres a cause and effect.

Usually power will either be on or off so it wont tell you much unless its measured as being abnormal.

As pointed out sounds like the keypad may have developed a fault.
If no one has touched anything, then as to why it has become faulty may remain a mystery.

Hi and thank you for the replies.

If I cut the power and disconnect the battery, do I need to leave it for certain amount of time as I only left it for a minute or two?

Sponsored Links
Also, The first fuse on the PCB is super fine and much less than a hairsbreadth so I am 99% it’s in tact but it’s almost too fine to see it!

So did the bell sound outside when you turned off the mains supply ..with the battery still connected ?

There is a fuse on the wall just above the control unit. When I popped that out the alarm goes off immediately...

Is the battery still connected when you remove the fuse.
If so faulty battery and may be causing the display fault

IMG_3742.JPG
Or .....the other company has changed the battery 3 times in the last couple of months ....I wonder why ?

Hi, yes the battery was still connected when I removed the fuse. Does that indicate anything?

Also a previous post said some pictures might be helpful so will try and upload of images later.

Thanks !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back