Every cloud has a silver lining

Sponsored Links
it means very little really
what it refers to is not evolving to move towards what people want to be a more acceptable "face or less extreme"
to keep going with what works will only work whilst its popular or the alternative weaker
iff you keep going with an extreme agenda eventually you will allianate more than you please
also if you keep promising and giving soundbites and not delivering like miss platitudes you will come unstuck
you need to deliver on most off your promises you will be forgiven for missing some targets but not others

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
But Nu Labour wasn't Labour. Nu Labour sold the working man down the river, whereas old Labour purports to be on their side.
Labour MP's are just the same as the other parties now,,,, Only in it for the money and how much they can fleece for expenses... For the working man?? Are they f**k.

People who seek careers in politics are probably those least capable of running things. It doesn't really matter which side of the spectrum you sit.

If the students realise that they were lied to, and when the workers from the NHS, Emergency Services, Armed Forces and local government, realise that there is no meal ticket for wage rises, and the hospital patients realise that there is no magic money tree for new hospitals, and Mr and Mrs Average realise that there is no pot of gold for local services, and parents realise that money for new schools is tied up in Brown's PFI deals, and benefit recipients realise that there is no bottomless pit of money to support them ... then they and any other sensible person will realise that Corbyn is a fraud and a liar, and Labour's spending plans are just a pie in the sky scam for the gullible.

If the students realise that they were lied to, and when the workers from the NHS, Emergency Services, Armed Forces and local government, realise that there is no meal ticket for wage rises, and the hospital patients realise that there is no magic money tree for new hospitals, and Mr and Mrs Average realise that there is no pot of gold for local services, and parents realise that money for new schools is tied up in Brown's PFI deals, and benefit recipients realise that there is no bottomless pit of money to support them ... then they and any other sensible person will realise that Corbyn is a fraud and a liar, and Labour's spending plans are just a pie in the sky scam for the gullible.

Are we not going to benefit from an extra £350 million per day now that we aren't going to be paying the EU? Perhaps the gullible ones are those that believed what the shameless lying Tory ministers were promising them.

I thought Gezza said he would tax those who could most afford to pay in order to get the extra wedge? You must have forgot that bit you senile old Tory you. (y)

Anyone on more than £150k, if i recall. the same people who no longer get a personal allowance, pay almost half what they earn in tax, have been subsidising debt for the last 10 years and have their pensions taxed.

...yeah and the likes of Google, Amazon, Starbucks and Vodaphone. It would be nice to see them paying their fair share.

I don't mind paying my fair share, I just wished others wouldn't avoid paying the same percentage.

Last edited:
and benefit recipients realise that there is no bottomless pit of money to support them.

Aww come on Woody, you just know Labour would have ensured benefits were available for the feckless and workshy if they'd got in. (probably have got a 5% rise in benefits too) (after all Labour are not for the working people.. They are however , quite fond of the non working sort, who are not quite old enough for the state pension )

...yeah and the likes of Google, Amazon, Starbucks and Vodaphone. It would be nice to see them paying their fair share.

I don't mind paying my fair share, I just wished others wouldn't avoid paying the same percentage.

Surely it's the job of government to alter the tax laws? AFAIK, none of those companies have broken the law.

Unlike a good few celebrities with their off- shore investment funds, or the footballers with their Ltd company scam for their basic salary. And yet everyone still loves them, and no-one says a dickie.

Ever worked for cash, btw? :whistle:

Surely it's the job of government to alter the tax laws? AFAIK, none of those companies have broken the law.
As I have said many times, the rules are intentionally made so that these things may (are allowed to) be done.

The protestations from the Government are a sop.

Sponsored Links
Back