Expanding foam

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi there. The upvc trims look alright, Need a more wider trim but I was told by a builder to purchase these ventilation trims. Are these better? It provides ventilation which is good.
64CA8C01-2834-45FC-AA59-01D940844493.png

Those look like weep vents for uPVC windows.
You are right. Ill just reorder a wider upvc trim. Will it be alright if its blocked off all without any ventilation holes etc.?

Can you paint over upvc trims or will the paint come off? Would you need to spray paint it instead?

You can paint uPVC but unless you are using a compressor/turbine/airless sprayer with 2 pack polyurethane paint, I have no idea how long it will last.

I have painted pvc pipes, meter cabinets, electrical enclosures etc with non-drip oil-based gloss. A single flowing coat. No undercoat or primer.

I don't know how long it lasts yet as the oldest ones are only about 25 years old. The ones exposed to sunlight and weather are losing their gloss.

clean with a green scourer and detergent first, after wiping dry, use a clean scourer with white spirit followed by a dry rag to roughen the surface and remove any greasiness.

You can paint uPVC but unless you are using a compressor/turbine/airless sprayer with 2 pack polyurethane paint, I have no idea how long it will last.
I've used Zinsser upvc paint with a brush and roller, two coats, one part paint. Claimed to last 15 years however it's applied.

Please.... I'm loosing my mind! will pay anyone to do it or I may have to shoot myself. where is the wine bottle?

Hi there again. My new upvc trims have come. A more wider version. I want to drill pilot holes in the trims so that the roof can stay ventilated. Would this look nice? I would only drill a few small holes, not many.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back