Expanding foam

Sounds like a good plan.

Bit of ct1 and duck tape to hold it in place whilst it dries and jobs a good un

Sponsored Links
If you insist on using the foam, pack the gap with wire wool and then foam. It'll stop the mice chewing through. But foam will look awful. The PVC trim is a much better idea
Yes it would look much better. Will just go for trims by using silicone as the adhesive. Will return the expanding foam

First bonkers thread of the year!

First the massive gap at that place with no reason, then the plan to use foam, then the plan to use 1m cover strips.

Sponsored Links
It should also be noted that the foam will turn bright orange over time if used outdoors.

Be aware that any hole large enough to push a regular pencil in to is large enough for a mouse to enter.

The wire wool prior to foam cuts though their noses as they try to munch their way through the foam.

Was that Pilsbury? That seemed so last year, I need to check my timesheets, I'd hate to get my invoicing wrong :cautious:
I'd very much like to know if it was..... Getting prices for timber as we speak so I can brighten up people's day as i post along the journey. Already starting to adjust the SEs calcs..... I must know better than him. I've been on YouTube again.

This is the gap I need to seal off. Will get trims to seal the gap
DD555E09-4D87-4758-8306-9CB0FD219035.jpeg

The builder didn’t finish the job completely. Was such a dosser!

That UPVC door is very poorly positioned and the silicone sealant loos like it was smoothed with a hairy forearm.

The finishing on the soffit/fascia detail is ridiculous. The builder should be put against a wall and shot.

Is a hairy forearm not a good tool for silicon?

Explains where I've been going wrong all this time! :sneaky:

That UPVC door is very poorly positioned and the silicone sealant loos like it was smoothed with a hairy forearm.

The finishing on the soffit/fascia detail is ridiculous. The builder should be put against a wall and shot.
Listen mate. You pick out all the nitty gritty stuff. I put the silicone on, I rushed it because I wanted to do it quick. You too picky. Also the door had to be positioned that way because it is only a small extension. We extended the living room and only expanded like a passage way size. The door couldn’t be anywhere else!

Listen mate. You pick out all the nitty gritty stuff. I put the silicone on, I rushed it because I wanted to do it quick. You too picky. Also the door had to be positioned that way because it is only a small extension. We extended the living room and only expanded like a passage way size. The door couldn’t be anywhere else!
I was referring to the position of the door relative to the brick jamb. You should be seeing at least 30mm of brick edge or more.
It is too close to the corner structurally as well - 3 bricks minimum.

I was referring to the position of the door relative to the brick jamb. You should be seeing at least 30mm of brick edge or more.
It is too close to the corner structurally as well - 3 bricks minimum.
I cut it off slightly because I didn’t take a pic of the whole door width to width

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back