Expansion vessel - connection type, immersion union ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm in the process of replacing and installing new pipework. The expansion vessel for the combi has failed.
The vessel will be situated below the boiler - the only place I can tap into the 22mm return is near the floor, so I will be piping the vessel from underneath (if that makes sense!).

So I will require a 90 degree elbow into the vessel - I know I can shove a compression in there, but I'm not a fan of those. Prefer to solder. Can I use a 22mm immersion union (I can bend a 90 degree into the 22) and solder that in - or is there a fitting better suited ?

Also worth plumbing a valve into the vessel piping seen as these seem to fail quite often ?!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Don't add a valve. At some point, it'll get turned off.

That's what I was thinking - but wras recommend adding a lockshield so you don't have to drain the system.
Hopefully I won't need to replace the vessel again before I sell :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Fit a lever valve and remove the lever.
Also fit an oversized vessel if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back