Expired passport

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know the amount of months needed left on a UK passport now?

I'm travelling to France and will have just over 3 months left. I believe this is fine. It used to be 6 months?!

Does anyone know the amount of months needed left on a UK passport now?

I'm travelling to France and will have just over 3 months left. I believe this is fine. It used to be 6 months?!
It will be fine.

Say you're returning 31st May. It will need to be valid until 31st August. Easy bit.
BUT...
If your passport will be older than 10 years WHEN YOU ENTER FRANCE, you can't go.
How can a 10 year passport be valid for more than 10 years? Check my explanation somewhere above this post...

Finally got round to applying for a renew. They want me to send in the old passport. Is it just me or other people have to do that as well? Afterwards they will return it. What am I supposed to do with it?

Sponsored Links
They return it as some people like to keep it as a souvenir of the places theyv'e been to.

It used to be oh so simple before 31/01/2020 didn't it...

Imagine not having to worry about how long your passport had to run as long as it was still valid, or worry about whether you would fall foul of a technical infringement

;)

It used to be oh so simple before 31/01/2020 didn't it...

Imagine not having to worry about how long your passport had to run as long as it was still valid, or worry about whether you would fall foul of a technical infringement

;)
It wasn't profitable for them then. Now it is profitable.

Anyway for people renewing, the additional costs are £10 asda photo, and £2.6 signed for delivery for the old passport. The post office guy said I should do special delivery for £6. I said nah.

11 days to get the new passport. Their website said up to 10 weeks. Got the her majesty's one.

Sponsored Links
Back