Expired passport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My passport has expired for 10 years and a bit. Wondering if anyone has similar experience, and did they have trouble renewing it? Searches are saying a completely new application has to be made. When I go to gov.uk, it asks if I had a passport before, implying a long expired passport may have some relevance in an application. Anyone been through this?

Sponsored Links
No, they ask the question about holding a passport in the past so they can cross reference to it.

No, as in no problem in renewing it? Or, no, the expired passport has no relevance?

Sponsored Links
Surprised nothing showed up on google. Maybe nobody's passport expired this way.

Yes, I was a bit concerned having to find someone in high office for ID confirmation in a new application..

What about digital photos for online application? Said somewhere you can't modify with software. Asda appears to have a service to modify the photo you supply to take out the background for instance.

What about digital photos for online application? Said somewhere you can't modify with software. Asda appears to have a service to modify the photo you supply to take out the background for instance.
Not for passport photos.
Use the booth in asda, you'll get printed photos and digital qr.
After you submit it, they'll have to approve the photo and then they'll ask for details of someone who can confirm that it is your photo.
They need to be someone in certain positions i.e. gp, teacher, priest, etc.
Full list is online.
All of it is done online.

All the online stuff are likely fraud.

The booth at ASDA is like this, I think. It gives 9 photo shoots, and has the ability to email the photo. The price is double now.

Do not smile for passport photos. (Know this as mine was sent back from passport office). The Tesco booth I then used was clever and refused to issue the e-photograph of me if I smiled.

Claims to be asda. Quite a lot of sites do this. Is this to steal biometrics?

This is a different device.
It prints your photos, doesn't take one.

Good luck. They lost my birth certificate and made a right mess up leaving me to spend hours on hold trying to chase things up.

Sponsored Links
Back