Extending a circuit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again "ericmark" for another good idea still a bit on the ugly side though and not a particularly easy option and thank you "sparkwright" the socket on the back wall appears to running off the back of one in my spare bedroom anyway.

I think my most viable option is to replace my flooring and run the cables under the floor, I was wanting to get some nice "V groove" flooring at some point anyway to replace my laminate so I think it'll be sooner rather than later.

Are there any regulations for running cables under the floorboards or can you run them where ever you like under there? Taa very much for the responses I've had so far ;)

There are regulations about where you must drill joists if you need to run wires through them, but that's the only real limitation for running cables under a floor.

What is the floor covering in the room?

If it's clic-loc, you may be able to get a sympathetic joiner to lift it carefully.

Sponsored Links
Does it have that quarter round beading where it meets the skirting board?

Yes, I'd seen some of that on a website but you can't run mains cables through it can you? I thought it was just for extensions leads etc

What difference does it make whether it's an appliance cable or not?

And anyway, appliance cables run at mains voltage.

No reason it can't be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back