Extending cistern flush button "cable"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a DIY (ordering) balls-up: we bought a "comfort height" WC pan (ie one that's a little higher than the usual), to go with a cabinet for the concealed cistern, all from Victoria Plum. However, because of the height of the pan the inlet on the pan for the flush pipe is too high for the cistern's outlet once the latter is mounted in the cabinet.

So, one idea that came to me was to mount the cistern actually behind the wall the cabinet will be mounted to (this is in the eaves so I can get to it easily enough), higher up, with a longer flush pipe from the cistern to the pan. That just leaves the push button - the connecting pipe on the button it came with are obviously too short for this idea to work, so can you get long ones or extenders for them? It would need to be the normal length plus the thickness of the wall (4") plus a bit I guess.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Would it not freeze never mind the hassle trying to get it to work.
Be better to buy the proper fitting kit imo

Would it not freeze never mind the hassle trying to get it to work.
Be better to buy the proper fitting kit imo
they dont do a cabinet to fit the higher WC. It wont freeze where we live. If I can find a tube (I think it must be pneumatic) that is long enough then what hassles would you expect me to come up against? TIA

Sponsored Links
A small extension to the pneumatic tube will be fine, just get the same diameter and wall thickness if you can.
I wouldn't try to join the tube though, that would be a weak spot.
Maybe toiletspares.co.uk could fix you up.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back